Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Just found the 'penalty' and our goal on FaceBook

shwoody1

May 18, 2009
lewes
that was a good as last ditch challenge you will see. Perfectly timed and as clean as you like. No excuses, thats as bad a decision as you will ever see.

Muzzy

Jan 25, 2011
Lewes
Never in a million years is that a penalty.
The ref had time to think and review this before making such a rash and ridiculous decision.
As a defender I would have been well miffed if that had gone against me after a great tackle.
Terrible decision in mine and most others opinions, including Howe

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
But people here are bleating "But he got the ball" when that has no relevance. Does anyone really think that they were level? Watch the video again. I'm allowed an opinion even if it is wrong.

Saw the decision on SSN and I was at the match WSU near the North, the ball was won BEFORE the Bournemouth player went over.
I can't open the video on this thread as I'm not signing up for that FAcebook nonsense.

Muzzy

Jan 25, 2011
Lewes
Saw the decision on SSN and I was at the match WSU near the North, the ball was won BEFORE the Bournemouth player went over.
I can't open the video on this thread as I'm not signing up for that FAcebook nonsense.

Oh go on, you know you want to. You don't have to tell anyone :thumbsup:

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
But people here are bleating "But he got the ball" when that has no relevance. Does anyone really think that they were level? Watch the video again. I'm allowed an opinion even if it is wrong.

'But he got the ball' was the justification for the old-style tackle when a player would attempt to kick someone on the back of the leg and, in doing so, emerge with the ball because the opponent either got injured or had to flinch to avoid a career-threatening injury.

In that context, 'but he got the ball' was not a reasonable way of justifying a foul, because the ball was won by foul means.

However, Calderon did not use foul means to win the ball. He stretched and clearly connected with the ball. All that happened afterwards is that the Bournemouth player fell over Calderon.

Had Calderon missed the ball, and the Bournemouth player fell over Calderon, the interpretation that Calderon tripped the attacker would have more weight. That's why Calderon winning the ball has relevance in this incident.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Oh go on, you know you want to. You don't have to tell anyone :thumbsup:

One of my sons has it and always leaves his page open on the laptop, believe me I don't want it. :nono:
Twitter is ok but not that shite, still not as bad as that f**king mong of a ref :rant:

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
'But he got the ball' was the justification for the old-style tackle when a player would attempt to kick someone on the back of the leg and, in doing so, emerge with the ball because the opponent either got injured or had to flinch to avoid a career-threatening injury.

In that context, 'but he got the ball' was not a reasonable way of justifying a foul, because the ball was won by foul means.

However, Calderon did not use foul means to win the ball. He stretched and clearly connected with the ball. All that happened afterwards is that the Bournemouth player fell over Calderon.

Had Calderon missed the ball, and the Bournemouth player fell over Calderon, the interpretation that Calderon tripped the attacker would have more weight. That's why Calderon winning the ball has relevance in this incident.

You have to spell it out for some people.
Very we'll explained, 100% correct.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
And to be fair to the Bournemouth player, I don't think he fell in a way that was theatrical. He couldn't do much other than fall over the top of Calderon as the the Brighton defender had cut across the angle he was running into to make the fair tackle.

Last edited:

Mowgli37

Enigmatic Asthmatic
Jan 13, 2013
Sheffield
From where I was in the north it looked a penalty but after seeing that I'm fuming!

Muzzy

Jan 25, 2011
Lewes
And to be fair to the Bournemouth player, I don't think he fell in a way that was theatrical. He could couldn't do much other than fall over the top of Calderon as the the Brighton defender had cut across the angle he was running into to make the fair tackle.

100% of the blame goes to the wanka that gave the decision. It was a great footballing tackle imo!

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Genuinely one of the most shocking penalty decisions I have EVER seen. The second I saw it, it was simply a bog standard corner. No replays required. Not even a question, no sucking of teeth, not a "oooh...hope he doesn't..."

And the rule is, apparently, you have to be *certain* to award a pen. CERTAIN. He actually looked and that and went "Yup. Definite pen. All day long". I'm 150 yards away up in the heavens of the WSU, whereas Hooper was 15 yards away looking down the barrel. Slide tackle, gets the ball first, out it goes, corne.....wwwwhhhHHHHAAAAAA ????

The fact that this mans brain could somehow look at that incident and interpret that as a penalty scares me. This ref, I assume, probably drives a car - a task which requires vision, skill and judgement. It worries me that he is allowed to drive past schools. What the frick is going on in his head ? What is WRONG with him ? This is his profession for christs sake.

Today he cost us two points. Next week, he'll send a six year old bouncing across his bonnet. You heard it here first.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Genuinely one of the most shocking penalty decisions I have EVER seen. The second I saw it, it was simply a bog standard corner. No replays required. Not even a question, no sucking of teeth, not a "oooh...hope he doesn't..."

And the rule is, apparently, you have to be *certain* to award a pen. CERTAIN. He actually looked and that and went "Yup. Definite pen. All day long". I'm 150 yards away up in the heavens of the WSU, whereas Hooper was 15 yards away looking down the barrel. Slide tackle, gets the ball first, out it goes, corne.....wwwwhhhHHHHAAAAAA ????

The fact that this mans brain could somehow look at that incident and interpret that as a penalty scares me. This ref, I assume, probably drives a car - a task which requires vision, skill and judgement. It worries me that he is allowed to drive past schools. What the frick is going on in his head ? What is WRONG with him ? This is his profession for christs sake.

Today he cost us two points. Next week, he'll send a six year old bouncing across his bonnet. You heard it here first.

Spot on, I immediately thought what a good tackle from Calderon.

I thought the ref looked out of shape when he was warming up before the match, I know for a fact now he has an eye site problem.

maglers

Apr 26, 2011

Brilliant. You couldn't make it up...

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak

Thank you for restoring my faith in humanity

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Lino on the left IMO wanted to say it wasn't a pen and bottled it.

Upson was shouting to him because he knew it wasn't a penalty. He had a clearer view than the referee.

And to be fair to the Bournemouth player, I don't think he fell in a way that was theatrical. He couldn't do much other than fall over the top of Calderon as the the Brighton defender had cut across the angle he was running into to make the fair tackle.

The Bournemouth players looked as stunned as ours. It would also help if Kuszczak would look at the bench when a penalty is given as they were trying to tell him which way to go. He hasn't saved one yet, for Brighton.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here