Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Just found an old team sheet from 2008/9 , anyone remember Kevin Thornton?

BUTTERBALL

East Stand Brighton Boyz
Jul 31, 2003
location location
I rather hoped he would sign permanently at the time. He looked very exciting. I think his career went downhill after his loan spell. Also brother of Sean Thornton who played for Sunderland.

cw00

Mar 29, 2009
Manchester
LOve these threads. Bring back the memories, albeit shit ones!

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
For a brief while I had Kevin Thornton as my avatar as I loved his flair. So much time and very skillful on the ball at that level but last I heard the drink had got the better of him and he was back playing in the league of Ireland.

Paul Reids Sock

Nov 3, 2004
Paul Reids boot
Crikey, that's a blast from the past! I remember thinking he was going to be really good and hoping that he would sign permanently after a couple of good performances.

A few years later and I wasn't too fussed when Vicente left - it's a strange world

Wasn't he a partying scouser?

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/eng_div_2/7684028.stm < people have forgotten this game?

Thornton and Bradley Johnson were key in our only good performances under Adams (the second time), kept him in a job for a couple of months longer as we won three in a row or something like that when he was on the verge of being sacked.

I have clear memories of that game and of Bradley Johnson in particular. Lazy so and so who I was glad to see go back to Leeds after his loan spell with us. Would not tackle or work but gladly sprint the length of the pitch to take a free kick anywhere within striking distance of goal. Luckily he had a wicked left foot on him and it was put to superb use in that game against Leicester.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Crikey, that's a blast from the past! I remember thinking he was going to be really good and hoping that he would sign permanently after a couple of good performances.

A few years later and I wasn't too fussed when Vicente left - it's a strange world

Wasn't he a partying scouser?

Nope. Irish lad.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here