Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Just cant work out those WORLD CUP placings...

Rougvie

Rising Damp
Aug 29, 2003
Hove, f***ing ACTUALLY.
Is it just me, but have ENGLAND been utterly shit (apart from Paul Collingwood MBE) but yet I still see we are FORTH in the overall table in front of South Africa.

I'm sure we wont make it to the semi's but we have no excuse not to with the way other sides are giving us an oppertunity to get there.

Seagull over NZ

Jul 7, 2003
Bristol
Not sure about that - we are 4th as we have just played Ireland and won. Other teams like West Indies have lost a couple of games and now have a worse net run rate.

The table will take shape over the next few days when the likes of South Africa get going.

I reckon the 4 semi finalists will be Australia, New Zealand, South Africa and Sri Lanka. And I'm sticking with my Sri lankans to lift the title!!

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
Seagull over NZ said:
I reckon the 4 semi finalists will be Australia, New Zealand, South Africa and Sri Lanka. And I'm sticking with my Sri lankans to lift the title!!
Very hard to disagree with that, I mean you can put a line through Ireland & Bangladesh already.

As for the West Indies you have to think the schedule has done them no favours whatsoever, playing 4 days out of 5 or whatever it was but even without that you have to question with their bad luck and terrible fielding whether they would have made it anyway.

Then we come to England, haven't actually played anyone good yet apart from NZ when they promptly got stuffed and have even managed to struggle against Kenya, Canada & especially Ireland and with a top three of Vaughan who shouldn't there, dreadful average, Joyce who should be wearing green and has done nothing against anyone any good really and then Bell, yes Bell who somehow manages to keep his one day place despite being slower then a dead snail, ok he manages 30 runs a time but wastes 70 balls in the process, is it any wonder we are struggling, and don't get me started on the bowling, Saj 'What's A Wicket My Average Is Through The Roof' Mahmood.

It is safe to say already that Australia, South Africa, New Zealand & Sri Lanka should all be going through barring accidents.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Seagull over NZ said:

I go along with that except the Kiwis are my outside tip to lift the trophy.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
It's pretty much a dead cert that Australia, South Africa, New Zealand and Sri Lanka will be the last 4. Although it's good to see the emerging nations getting through it has made these super 8's very predictable, had India and Pakistan got through even though they may not have made ther semis they would have won a few games along the way and shook these super 8's up a bit.

Kenhead

Oct 1, 2003
Brighton
Its all about who australia are going to play in the fianl isn't it, just don't see the point of dragging it out or 2 months!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here