Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Just bumped into Paul Barber

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011
He ordered a cappuccino and you didn't read the signals he was desperately trying to send you?

1 Its a hot drink.
2 Its comes from the continent.
3 It gives everyone a satisfying pick me up.
4 Its a cultured drink.

How many more signals does the poor man need to send? Oscar Garcia Junyent welcome aboard.

SeagullSarge

Jul 8, 2012
He ordered a cappuccino and you didn't read the signals he was desperately trying to send you?

1 Its a hot drink.
2 Its comes from the continent.
3 It gives everyone a satisfying pick me up.
4 Its a cultured drink.

How many more signals does the poor man need to send? Oscar Garcia Junyent welcome aboard.

I wonder if he will "Dunk" a biscuit?

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
More embarrassment heaped upon our club. Was it Fairtrade coffee ? The clever money says no so expect critisism to come our way over our total lack of understanding concerning the production of coffee in the third world. No wonder Columbia are producing more and more cocaine - with all the misery that brings - to supplement the meagre income of the coffee bean farmers. I HOPE YOUR HAPPY BARBER ?

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Did you literally "bump" into him?

If so, how much did he charge?

I reckon Barber walks around with one of those readers for the contactless credit cards in his pocket, 'accidentally' bumping into people, and debiting £2.50 from their cards each time, for the privilege.

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
More embarrassment heaped upon our club. Was it Fairtrade coffee ? The clever money says no so expect critisism to come our way over our total lack of understanding concerning the production of coffee in the third world. No wonder Columbia are producing more and more cocaine - with all the misery that brings - to supplement the meagre income of the coffee bean farmers. I HOPE YOUR HAPPY BARBER ?

I'm happy to say that it was Fairtade, so we're winning the PR battle.

Did you literally "bump" into him?

If so, how much did he charge?

Figuratively, I'm afraid. Amusing concept though.

If it's of any interest, he was "dressed down" (much like the management team have been recently) and was sporting a rather splendid green jumper/black trouser combo

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
I hope you told him to SIT DOWN or he will be removed, before serving him

Top work. Working there would have given me a chance to try and squeeze some corporate business-speak out of him. As it was, we were both just customers (not fans)

bravohotelalpha

Jan 23, 2011
Good Old Sussex By The Sea
Top work. Working there would have given me a chance to try and squeeze some corporate business-speak out of him. As it was, we were both just customers (not fans)

Well I work a stone's throw from your location and after I read your initial post I saw a very interesting Bentley parked near the end of Wilbury Road so I spent my lunch hour sitting outside the coffee shop (other coffee shops are available) watching the world go by and the world did go by - but just not PB or TB :shrug:

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
Well I work a stone's throw from your location and after I read your initial post I saw a very interesting Bentley parked near the end of Wilbury Road so I spent my lunch hour sitting outside the coffee shop (other coffee shops are available) watching the world go by and the world did go by - but just not PB or TB :shrug:

It was in Starbucks (other American corporate machines are available), just off Palmeira Square if you are planning any future Barber watching. Would make sense if TB was in the country at present...could have been him.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here