Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Just back from Wembley

Johnny Fever

Jan 11, 2010
A great day out with the Blackpool fans.
Pre match was very interesting. On the one side you have beer + hot weather + Cardiff fans on a day out in London = grown men falling over in street 2 hours before kick off. On the other side the Blackpool fans were much more of a mixture of youg and old, families etc, who were there to enjoy the game and get behind the team.
In the stadium I'm convinced the Blackpool fans outnumbered Cardiff because there was a big section of empty seats in their end. Good positive support from them for the whole game. They love 'Ollie' Holloway to bits.
Game was really about poor defending from both sides. Thought Cardiff passed the ball around well in the final third, especially in the first half. Chopra looked class at times. Great free kick for the first Pool equaliser.
On another day Cardiff could have won easily..hitting bar, post, off-side goal, but fair play to the team with spirit, hard work and a manager the players and fans respect. They really are to be admired with the rag-bag team they have (Ben Burgess came on for them for the last 20 minutes or so !)
Cardiff fans were stunned. They really thought that they had this one won.
Blackpool in the premiership. Interesting to say the least.

wigman

Oct 10, 2006
East Preston
A great day out with the Blackpool fans.
Pre match was very interesting. On the one side you have beer + hot weather + Cardiff fans on a day out in London = grown men falling over in street 2 hours before kick off. On the other side the Blackpool fans were much more of a mixture of youg and old, families etc, who were there to enjoy the game and get behind the team.
In the stadium I'm convinced the Blackpool fans outnumbered Cardiff because there was a big section of empty seats in their end. Good positive support from them for the whole game. They love 'Ollie' Holloway to bits.
Game was really about poor defending from both sides. Thought Cardiff passed the ball around well in the final third, especially in the first half. Chopra looked class at times. Great free kick for the first Pool equaliser.
On another day Cardiff could have won easily..hitting bar, post, off-side goal, but fair play to the team with spirit, hard work and a manager the players and fans respect. They really are to be admired with the rag-bag team they have (Ben Burgess came on for them for the last 20 minutes or so !)
Cardiff fans were stunned. They really thought that they had this one won.
Blackpool in the premiership. Interesting to say the least.

Im pleased for Blackpool but its going to take a long time for me to sink-in that they are in the premiership.

Stoo82

GEEZUS!
Jul 8, 2008
Hove
I think its FANTASTIC that Blackpool are in the Prem. Fanfuckingtastic.

Last edited:

The Sock of Poskett

The best is yet to come (spoiler alert)
Jun 12, 2009
And it's particularly pleasing that there is now a Premiership side with a fruit-based nickname. Long overdue, I'd say.:clap2:

Johnny Fever

Jan 11, 2010
Have just read on SSN that Blackpool's average home attendance this season was 8,600.
I think their ground now holds about 12,000 because the redevelopment work isnt finished yet. They are going to have the lowest crowds in the premiership by a mile.

Robot Chicken

Seriously?
Jul 5, 2003
Chicken World
"As of 10 March 2010, the stadium capacity is 12,555 all-seated. When the stadium is complete, the new capacity should be 16,000."

16,000. Right. If anyone has got promoted to the Premier League too EARLY, it's Blackpool. Good luck to them but I'm putting my money on them finishing rock bottom next season!

SUIYHP

The King's Gull
Apr 16, 2009
Inside Southwick Tunnel
Sea-Sea- (north) Seasiders! :clap2:

Dont know how they will fare but seeing a not so big name team reach the prem is always a good sign of the parting of ways

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
I thought that the stadium capacity had to be a minimum of 20,000 for the Prem , as Falmer was planned to exceed this figure for that very reason.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
The Premier League (unlike the Football League) does not stipulate a minimum ground capacity.

That is logical for all the clubs that only spend 1 season at that level.:)

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
I predict that they will be relegated with one of the lowest points totals ever.

And they'll coin a load of cash and with luck will become a yo-yo side like WBA. Good luck to them - it gives us hope.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here