Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Just Back From The Match........

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
I got the park and ride from Mithras House for the first time and was back home half an hour earlier than ever before. Central Hove at 1025. Seemed pretty good to me. Was obvious the public buses would be dreadful thanks to the ineptitude of Southern Rail to run a proper service yet again.

I found Southern Rail got me home 10 minutes earlier than exactly the same journey last today night

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
I found Southern Rail got me home 10 minutes earlier than exactly the same journey last today night

Ok then - fair enough. Perhaps their self-predicted ineptitude in that case which forced far more people than usual to head for the buses or drive. Seems like Southern cant even f*** things up properly when they say they will! :wink:

Dan Aitch

May 31, 2013
Wrong train/route?! Ya think?! :p

Jumped over at LGW. Now en route to St. P by 1am, bed by 1.30, with luck.

Seagull

Yes I eat anything
Feb 28, 2009
On the wing
Bloody nightmare transport tonight. Gave up on the Falmer to Lewes train Q, going nowhere and hitched a lift to Lewes instead arriving 2mins before the 22.40 to Victoria. (Thank you Chris) Just got home.

Getting too old and grumpy for these midweek travel escapades

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Really enjoyed the game, gutted we conceded so late but still in with a good shout. Stayed to the final whistle, was back in Lewes by train by 10.15 and home shortly after 10.30. Almost always home well within an hour of the final whistle these days, whether Saturday or midweek. No complaints.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I got the 2305 home from Brighton. Seemed alright to me. Queued for a bit at Falmer. But that was my choice. I could have stayed in the bar.

Doesn't seem worth stressing about. We all knew it would take a while tonight and that the train situation would have a knock on effect on other services.

Mowgli37

Enigmatic Asthmatic
Jan 13, 2013
Sheffield
Great day. Enjoyed the game, really good atmosphere and it was a very interesting experience sitting next to the bench. Also met Stan Collymore, Warren Aspinall, Christian Walton AND Kuszczak!

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
P&R was very good tonight. Trains were going to be difficult due to the earlier flooding so its amazing how people are getting so worked up about it.

Back in Eastbourne at 11PM.

SweatyMexican

Mar 31, 2013
Great day. Enjoyed the game, really good atmosphere and it was a very interesting experience sitting next to the bench. Also met Stan Collymore, Warren Aspinall, Christian Walton AND Kuszczak!

You lucky bar steward :rant:

downham seagull

Dec 6, 2012
Norfolk
I got home at 3am last tue instead of 1.30am cause I missed my connection at Brighton due to the Falmer train being late. I felt a sense of calm and thought oh well! Not a problem. Leisurely ride back, time for food on London and onwards to Norfolk after. No one died!

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
Slightly disappointed having had a horrendous journey after work in London to get to the game and then to see OG make so many changes. I did wonder why I made all the effort with the train. two connecting buses, and another train to end up missing the start as well. In saying that I thought the players he did put out did enough to win.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Why is nobody blaming the weather and floods for the delays? I'm not sure even Tony can fix those.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Why is nobody blaming the weather and floods for the delays? I'm not sure even Tony can fix those.

Because even when the trains and buses are up the spout, it's the Albion's fault of course. Just the same way as I'd blame the Odeon if I got there late for a film. Oh.

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
Yet again those waiting for 23 or 25 left waiting as cars parked in bus stop and no one stopping cars coming up hill from virgin gym so busses can't turn round. Time to start issuing tickets and fining drivers who park there

Won't happen sadly. The Police and East Sussex County Council turn a deliberate blind eye to the practice preferring drivers to park there instead of picking up from the A27.

Bloody frustrating, but can't see it changing anytime soon.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here