Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Just back from the game

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
IMHO the Ref had a good game. The yellows were merited and the two reds were just.

Yes I agree, however I was surprised Drenthe didn't get a second yellow when he hacked down KLL....... Shortly after KLL had been booked for a similar challenge.

He was never going to send 2 players of the home team off though.

blue2

Apr 21, 2010
ash looked very good coming on with limited time to go, don't get me wrong I am a Barnes fan. But I do hve to say. He often looks at his best when coming back into the team from injury o r at the start of a season and less effective the more he plays

Trelford Mills Guide Dog

Jun 14, 2008
Very disappointed not to have come home with the points today. We looked composed at the back and kept the ball excellently.
Agree that Crofts played very well. I like Andrews too. Spanish Dave still not firing on all cylinders and missed an absolute sitter 2nd half. Ulloa had there centre half in his pocket until his rash moment and red card. Barnes did very well when he came on and was very unlucky not to bag a brace. Thought Reading were a bag of shite (a bit like there manager).

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Ulloa had there centre half in his pocket until his rash moment and red card.
I think Spanish Len's instinct was to get his foot up , win the ball by flicking it over the defender and surge forward. He knew straight away he would be sent off for dangerous kicking.

ferring seagull

Dec 30, 2010
Yes I agree, however I was surprised Drenthe didn't get a second yellow when he hacked down KLL....... Shortly after KLL had been booked for a similar challenge.

He was never going to send 2 players of the home team off though.

You mean like the ref did to us V Burnley 2011 / 2012 ?

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
IMO the problem with Barnes is his lack of consistency. it infruriates people because he does have ability. There in lies the big Barnes debate.

Can't agree. ALWAYS does a job when played upfront.

bhawoddy

Jan 25, 2011
Can't agree. ALWAYS does a job when played upfront.

Cant agree...... ALWAYS as inconsistent as they come....I guess you forget about the red cards because it doesn't suit your agenda, oh and when he played up front v lowly wreham........he was the worst player on the pitch.

But having said that.......I agree, he does have ability

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I thought the ref got most decisions right but missed the 20 mins of Pearce grabbing Ulloa's shirt or shoulder every time before giving Leonardo the red card.

bhawoddy

Jan 25, 2011
I thought the ref got most decisions right but missed the 20 mins of Pearce grabbing Ulloa's shirt or shoulder every time before giving Leonardo the red card.

you seem like a knowledgeable chap BG, that goes on all the time. 6 of 1 and half a dozen mate

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
Cant agree...... ALWAYS as inconsistent as they come....I guess you forget about the red cards because it doesn't suit your agenda, oh and when he played up front v lowly wreham........he was the worst player on the pitch.

But having said that.......I agree, he does have ability

By all accounts it sounds like you are the one with the agenda tbf ???

Blues Rock DJ

Apr 18, 2011
Dorset
Wanted to start this as for once I am one of the first home.

Decent draw that could so easily have been a win. Ref was poor - took any tackle as a yellow card.

Plus points - Crofts was excellent, way better than a few games ago and Ash was a sensation when he came on.

here we go...blame the ref for our own shortcomings....thought the ref did well, no decisions to make over sendings off and stamped his authority on game straight away, thus quieter second half for him.
A 'sensation' as you refer to Barnes, would have converted one of the chances he had, not the answer for me, so need to get the loanee sorted pronto. This scenario was always going to happen.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
you seem like a knowledgeable chap BG, that goes on all the time. 6 of 1 and half a dozen mate[/QUOTE

I agree but you see it much clearer on TV and before anybody says it I know El Abd does it a lot, but that still doesnt make it right. We played a cup game up at Lincoln some years ago and their then manager Keith Alexander admitted on TV that he spoke to the ref before the game and asked him to watch out for our 2 central defenders doing it, Butters and Cullip I think, and the ref gave them 2 penalties, which thy scored.

bhawoddy

Jan 25, 2011
I know what you mean BG, But it goes on in Every game and will go on and on and on and on.

Last edited:

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
Wanted to start this as for once I am one of the first home.

Decent draw that could so easily have been a win. Ref was poor - took any tackle as a yellow card.

Plus points - Crofts was excellent, way better than a few games ago and Ash was a sensation when he came on.

Poor ref??? He was consistent and fair and he still gets described as poor.

This board really needs to get over it's obsession with referees, if you weren't happy today you wont ever be an maybe need to sort the issue out at your end before having a go at the ref every game.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
But surely you'd agree that was unusual. Also the difference was Drenthe's was a clear second booking, whilst Ashley was sent off for practically nothing vs Burnley.

yxee

Oct 24, 2011
Manchester
all say what you want about Barnes, but if he did what Ulloa did today this forum would be in meltdown.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here