Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Just back from the game - a game of two halves

shwoody1

May 18, 2009
lewes
Did not take long for the same old comments to come out. One bad cross field ball in the first half and he is not good enough. He had a good game tonight. Why can't we give our young players credit when they play well. We are quick enough to slag them off when they play badly.

Same old comments? Read all mine if you like and point out one where i have slagged off a player. If you can read, my opinion is that he is not ready to be our number one left back. By the way, do you think he is a full back?

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
I like our Barca-style 3-man charge-down to prevent any space for our opponents on the ball and looking to rush them into mistakes. I like that we're looking to be the fittest team, I'd say, and even warming up almost to kick and vigorously from the benchers so the opponents know every one of our squad feels like they're playing and is ready for action within a flash. I thought us generally reasonably classy, Maximental sturdy enough, although Orlandi wanting more interplay. Buckley and Bruno as a right side pairing should be dynamite and wily. Centreback partnership undecided it almost seems. Spanish Dave neat, but needs some match fitness. Barnes looked good. All in all, not bad at all.

El Sid

May 10, 2012
West Sussex
Maksimenko got better and better as the game went on. The only player to play the whole game.
Second half he looked excellent.
March had a cracking second half and although he probably wont play ahead of Buckley he should be on the bench at Leeds.

My team for Leeds.....
Koosak
Bruno Greer Upson Maksimenko
Bridcutt Dave Beast Orlandi
Buckley Ulloa

Brezovan, Calderon, Dunk, March, Crofts, Barnes, JFC

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
So if you were OG, what would be your team for Leeds after watching that tonight?

Probably the follwoing:
Kuszczak
Bruno or Calderon (tough one)
Greer
Upson
Maksimenko (I'd give him a chance)
Bridcutt (he can't possibly play as badly again)
Lopez
Augestein
March
Barnes
Ulloa

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
One thing I did note is despite his best attempts the game seems to pass by crofts and he spent the whole first half chasing shadows.

Calderon had a very good game and was impressed with march. Agustein was quicker than I thought he would be but looked way short of match fitness. My guess is he will be on the bench Saturday but will start Tuesday to help build match fitness

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
Augestein looked strong and quick in midfield...got a like for me...best pass of the night Adam El from left midfield to right wing...spot on.... but Wow! what a strike from Solly....local boy....he did good...

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
My team for Saturday based on the displays in the 2 friendlies would be

Kuszczak

Brune El Abd Upson Maksimenko
Buckley Bridcutt Lopez Orlandi
Ulloa Barnes
Subs

Brezovan
Calderon
Augustein
March
Crofts
Greer
Lua Lua

shwoody1

May 18, 2009
lewes
One thing I did note is despite his best attempts the game seems to pass by crofts and he spent the whole first half chasing shadows.

Calderon had a very good game and was impressed with march. Agustein was quicker than I thought he would be but looked way short of match fitness. My guess is he will be on the bench Saturday but will start Tuesday to help build match fitness

Bruno looks out of sorts at the moment so would go with calde for now. As for kemy and dave they will be huge for us once fully fit. My biggest concern for now is who starts as the two centre halfs? For me on tonights performance its upson and el abd. Greer and Dunk looked to be struggling a little.

IanH

9sept1978
Nov 6, 2010
Very impressed with Augustine, composed, finds space and great vision. Made several excellent forward passes.
And what a goal!!! Possibly best strike at the Amex into the north end.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here