Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Just back from game

Lord Bamber

Legendary Chairman
Feb 23, 2009
Heaven
Bridcutt broke up everything thrown at us but I would just give MOM to Greer who swept up everything. Agree we should have put on Spazza earlier, shame Noone got thrown on just as we retreated into our penalty area for the rest of the game. Had chances to nail it to 2-0 which I think would have seen us go on and win comfortably ala Plymouth but it is 3 points nearer promotion.

Good support on a cold night lads & lasses with all your smiley faces.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Just back....I'm knackered.

They say the sign of a good team is the ability to win whilst playing badly, well that was us tonight. The positives for me were a decent first half, the win (obviously), a clean sheet, Bridcutt and Murray's performances and not crashing on the way home. The negatives were all the rest.

Oh well, we won.....its three more points and that match will be forgotten fairly soon by all involved I would think.

Goodnight :wave:

BHAryan

BHAryan
Feb 8, 2011
Worthing
Glad for 3points. Weve all got to realise we are now under pressure being at the top for so long and when we play a side the pressure is on us as were now expected to win every time so games will get tougher and we have games building up. However we have the talent and team ethic to carry on and win this league

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Tough one tonight and we always struggle when we allow ourselves to sit deep and invite the opposition onto us. Best side I've seen at crossing the ball but thankfully they had no-one to finish. Too many aimless balls forward tonight and poor decisions. Bridcutt by far our best player but Calde, Dicker in particular off their best and Noone needs a start to get his game going. Three points is what matters though. Take the win and move on and even below our best we could have scored four

Tomo1794

Apr 7, 2009
Leighton Buzzard
I'm not to sure the 4-3-3 works away from home at all. We're not great away anyway and 3 out and out strikers doesn't bode well when we're defending. I was at Bournemouth which was poor by us, but that was a 4-4-2, Orient bad performance, Bristol Rovers good result but we still looked unconvincing for first and last 20 mins and MK which was dire. Imo Sandaza is just one of those players who will come off the bench when we're cruising and will probably bag a few goals. Just can't see him doing it when we actually need him to and get something out of nothing.
Apart from Oldham :lol: beating my own arguement here

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
I do wonder if we are feeling tired as a squad? I hope not.

MK Dons - lacklustre performance where we could have nicked a point but just couldn't up our game.
Yeovil - not hitting top gear at any point, good spells in the first, dropping deep in the second.

Maybe it's just that we played two hard away games on the trot? Calisle will give us a clearer idea.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Very pleased that we notched up our first league win at yeovil, a place where we are notoriously bad. It's good to know we can win ugly. Sounded like a good battling win and a great response to the disappointment of saturday.

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
We failed to get going, and we lucky to win at the end of it. Yeovil missed to easy chances with headers from 6 yards out (Bowditch was one of them)

We look vunerable still with crosses and corners, and we were bombarded with them.

We played well after we scored until half time, and the first 15 minutes of the second half. After that we gave the ball away so easily (Dicker in particular) and ended up just smacking the ball up the pitch a lot - I wouldnt be surprised if Yeovil had more possession.

Noone didnt look very good when he came on, thats two games in a row for him looking off the pace.

Bridcutt was probably our best player, but he doesnt seem to be able to play 2 good games in a row.

An ugly win, and the relief on the pitch and in the terraces at the final whistle

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Great win. Patchy performance.

Bridcutt clear MOM, Murray and Greer also excellent.

Dicker unusually wasteful.

Barnes had a poor night, as did Noone who replaced him.

But the game was won (and nearly lost) at the back. The fullbacks allowed them to get WAY WAY too many crosses in, but our centre backs dealt with them pretty well.

Tthere were two exceptions though - free headers six yards out, which mercifully (the hugely irritating) HOLLY Johnson headed wide, and Dean Bowditch got all wrong, heading at his own feet!

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked

But the game was won (and nearly lost) at the back. The fullbacks allowed them to get WAY WAY too many crosses in, but our centre backs dealt with them pretty well.

Tthere were two exceptions though - free headers six yards out, which mercifully (the hugely irritating) HOLLY Johnson headed wide, and Dean Bowditch got all wrong, heading at his own feet!

the stewards we wankers too...

4856521973_d69b22f021.jpg

Tomo1794

Apr 7, 2009
Leighton Buzzard
The fact that we have the best away record in the league suggests you're being harsh here

Yeah you're probably right. It's just I only normally go to away games, only Walsall at home this year and we just don't seem to play anywhere as well as at home. Hence why I think there should be a change in tactics. However stats prove me completely wrong!

countrygull

Jul 22, 2003
Horsham

That about sums up what I saw: I think there are going to be a few games like this between now and the end of the season: forget this attitude of `how many points will we win the title by`: nerves and a desperate attitude to protect what we've got could yet play a part in our run in. To put it succinctly, I don't expect our end of the season matches to be nearly as pretty as our matches up til now.

Last edited:

Mar 29, 2010
Under your skin.
the stewards we wankers too...

4856521973_d69b22f021.jpg

I was going to take that ball at the final whistle. I would have managed to get it out of the ground too. Had it all planned out and everything :rant:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here