Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Just back from Bolton thread

Bolton va va

Nov 20, 2012
Says members only :(

Did think the stewards looked a bit heavy-handed.

Sorry..didn't know that about members only . The row carried on outside with a steward being filmed threatening a yoof, with the film & a thread about it on " Wanderers Ways" forum, Terrace Talk section, "Orange Warriors ".

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
I was at the game and i thought that taking off a striker was the right move imo.

Bolton were pushing for an equaliser and we were being over-run in midfield and the amount of pressure on our defence was increasing and the Bolton players were finding space in and around our penalty area before the sub.

If was unfortunate that Bruno got injured and had to be subbed off and the soft red card which from my angle (behind the goal so admittedly not good) it looked like Murphy failed to control the ball with his first touch and lunged in to try to get to a 50/50 loose ball however having seen the replays it's clear that he slipped and the collision was purely accidental and the reaction of the Bolton player was shocking in getting him sent off (acted like his leg was broken only to trot back on the pitch a few moments later after the red card)

I counted at least 2 fouls by Bolton in the lead up to their equaliser, Calde was wrestled off the ball (basically thrown out of the way) near the half way line close to the dug-outs and then the guy heading the equaliser was climbing all over the back of our defender (Hunemeier?) but the ref and linesmen were oblivious to their fouling all match so it's no surprise when he failed to blow up for either offence.

Our performance was a bit sluggish, lacking our usual standards of late and on reflection i think it would have been quite harsh on Bolton if they hadn't got at least a point from the game (pains me to say it but they were the better team throughout) but circumstance, rather than an outright tactical choice by the manager played a big part in the final line up we had on the pitch (injury and red card rather + who was fit before the game and who was out injured too)

However, we are still undefeated, we are still top of the league and we have got an away point without playing particularly well, which hopefully means still have the ability to improve and play much better that we currently have been (better than having played to our highest possible standards and only getting a draw)

Bolton va va

Nov 20, 2012
Sorry..didn't know that about members only . The row carried on outside with a steward being filmed threatening a yoof, with the film & a thread about it on " Wanderers Ways" forum, Terrace Talk section, "Orange Warriors ".

Just had a look & "Wanderers Ways " is on "members access only " at the moment.

Sorry.

Northstandfan

Dec 14, 2014
Mid sussex
There were several fouls that were given against us that should not have been given. Bolton were man handling us all over the place and getting away with it. From where we were on the left side of the ground we could see that Murphy slipped straight away there was no question of it being deliberate. Somehow the ref who was probably at least 100 yards closer could not see it.(just like all the blatant fouls he missed)
My issue with the game was how lack luster Solly March was when he was moved up front. I thought he was diabolical and looked total scared and had no idea of what to do. He is what 12 -15 years younger than David Weater but never once chased him down with any pace he just jogged around behind him. Weater never had pace in his younger days and I think he thought all his prays came true because at no point did March make any real effort to close him down or the the goal keeper. He has played with CMS and should know how to close down he came on as a sub and should have run himself into the ground for the team like CMS used to after all it was only for 20 minutes of so he 19 for god sake he should be full of running. Had he have closed down the ball much quicker they would never have scored at the end, the whole of the Albion fans were screaming at him to close down Amos but just stood there and let Amos pick his spot and put the ball straight to the edge of our box and a couple of touches and a foul later they score. Most people I spoke to coming home like me think Solly need to go out on loan to a lower division and get some more experience as he is way short at this level at the moment.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here