Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Just applied for my season ticket refund .....

Barham's tash

Jun 8, 2013
Rayners Lane
It’s been said before but if you’re operating on Gmail then it will likely have been sent to your promotions tab and not your primary inbox so you may assume you’ve not received it.

They did also say over a period of two weeks so give it until end of this week.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
Supposedly I still have a further direct debit on November 1st. If they have the cheek to still take it I'll take the full refund. If not I'll leave the cash in the club for a while.
Yep. They had the cheek to take out November's direct debit.

Refund request going in today.

Mr deez

Masterchef
Jan 13, 2005
So my email said the last payment would.be taken 1st October, but it's been taken again today.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Taken the refund and in all honesty I’m not renewing with VAR as it is. I’ll take my money to watch some local games somewhere. I’m not paying £600 to have games ruined and the whole live excitement snatched away by some nerds in a box somewhere who simply don’t know what they’re doing. Not the club’s fault, but what with this long break from the game, I’m done with it.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Taken the refund and in all honesty I’m not renewing with VAR as it is. I’ll take my money to watch some local games somewhere. I’m not paying £600 to have games ruined and the whole live excitement snatched away by some nerds in a box somewhere who simply don’t know what they’re doing. Not the club’s fault, but what with this long break from the game, I’m done with it.

VAR is killing it for me as well.

I literally cannot see any improvement following its introduction.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Mr deez

Masterchef
Jan 13, 2005

Said this last season too, with VAR as it is, I'm more likely to renew if we go down.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts

We've come to the same decision. Thing is, if we get relegated then there will be no VAR, will they allow us to wait and see before we make our decision to renew?

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
VAR is killing it for me as well.

I literally cannot see any improvement following its introduction.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

It’s ok for violent play, off the ball incidents and where referee has made a major cock up, but not Much else.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
It’s ok for violent play, off the ball incidents and where referee has made a major cock up, but not Much else.

Worse fears have been realised in that it's being used for just about everything. It's undermining the thrill of the game.
[MENTION=29192]Brighton Lines[/MENTION] sets out justification for the VAR decisions yesterday because they supported the on-field decisions, which is fine, other than you consider our penalty against ManUtd and the reverse was completely true - the on-field decision was overturned, and no one really could work out why - a more certain penalty that 2 we've had against us this season which VAR decided to chalk off.

Then you expand it out to beyond just us, and you look at the Salah penalty for Liverpool on Saturday and it is truly a travesty in how it's being used, no consistency, no accuracy, even more controversy. I don't know if anyone has worked it out yet, but I'm really not a fan of it. :rant::lolol:

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003

Yep

highflyer

Jan 21, 2016

Increasingly feel the same. VAR has been as bad, if not worse, than I expected. It doesn't feel live anymore. The thing that makes football the most popular spectator sport in the world is the continuity and flow of the game + the passion and tribalism of the live support.

The money men at the top don't understand this. And so much else.

I think I'll save my money in future (especially knowing most of it goes into the pockets of already stupidly rich men) and find some more local football to enjoy and support once the pandemic is over.

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011

I am also thinking along these lines. I will still meet with mates at the pub before and after, those who continue to go, but the Premier League and VAR are not a lot of fun. Visits to Whitehawk and Lewes in the last few weeks have reminded me what a laugh it can be, going to the football with your mates.

Anyone know how long it will take for ST refunds to appear in our accounts? I applied last Tuesday and have seen nothing yet.

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
We've come to the same decision. Thing is, if we get relegated then there will be no VAR, will they allow us to wait and see before we make our decision to renew?

I don't think it will be a problem, personally. There will be no waiting list, and STs will be readily available irrespective of whether we stay up or not.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
I have been thinking along those lines. With all the crap going on in the world, I've stopped getting upset at the football as VAR is ruining the experience for me. I can't stand not celebrating a goal as it's the best part of the game.

Barham's tash

Jun 8, 2013
Rayners Lane
Anyone know how long it will take for ST refunds to appear in our accounts? I applied last Tuesday and have seen nothing yet.

The first date for actual refund is 18th Nov. You just have to have processed it by 4th Nov to qualify for this date.

no wonder our atmosphere is shit. It's not in our blood like a working class town.

Have said this so often about not just us but Southern teams in general.

We have too much else going on in our lives to really care in the same way they do up North.

Sure we too have the 9-5 grind in comparably menial jobs, we probably also use football to escape whoever/whatelse in our lives grinds us down but it’s just not the be all and end all for us.

We’re all just a bit “meh” about it because we have other things to draw our attention away.

Take out the war years and you can probably count the hostile or partisan atmospheres we’ve created on both hands.

Chesterfield to win the title
Leeds at Withdean
Burnley with 9 men
Sheff Wed in the play offs
Palace St Patrick’s day
Burnley again when Barton stamped on Kayal

And then I’m struggling.

Sure there have been good atmospheres but for me we just don’t shout/sing up until we feel wronged.

atomised

Mar 21, 2013
I am also thinking along these lines. I will still meet with mates at the pub before and after, those who continue to go, but the Premier League and VAR are not a lot of fun. Visits to Whitehawk and Lewes in the last few weeks have reminded me what a laugh it can be, going to the football with your mates.

Can't recall exact details but I believe the info on refunds included deadline dates for applying and the dates that refunds would be sent each month.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here