Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Just a very good time-lapse video shot at Yosemite National Park

Seagull over Canaryland

Feb 8, 2011
Norfolk
Have been fortunate enough to visit Yosemite a few times and fully agree it is one of the wonders of the World. Anyone visiting the west coast should make the effort, it is well worth it and allow at least a day or two to do it justice. It is one of the reasons why the contrasting scenery of the west coast etc knocks spots off the east coast of the US. Too many punters judge the US on the basis of a visit to Florida, where the landscape is pretty uninspiring.

A word of caution the Sierras can receive unseasonal snowfalls in June/July so do not be surprised to be issued with snow chains for your hire car.........on one visit the main routes were impassable, necessitating a significant detour - but great if skiing is your thing. You can be wearing winter clothing and two hours later switching to shorts and flip flops for the descent into Death Valley.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Would love to get in & around Yellowstone too, & the national parks of Western Canada.

Breathtaking.

Jim Van Winkle

Jul 14, 2010
Hawaii
This year - 4 and 11.

Stamina of my youngest would be my obvious concern.

I got altitude sickness in the car going up the mountain. It really is a magnificent and inspiring place. The only place I have actually ever felt intimidated and amazed by nature at the same time.

casbom

Jul 24, 2007
Love to go, and planning to when the kids are old enough. Going to travel by Motorhome once the youngest is about 7 or 8. Driven on the sea to sky highway from Vancouver to Whistler in my younger years. Breathtaking scenery.

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
Would love to get in & around Yellowstone too, & the national parks of Western Canada.
Breathtaking.

oooh I'd almost forgotten about Yellowstone. Another simply outstanding place to visit, almost like another world at times. The West and mid-west of the US is just chock full of scenic gems.

APACHE

LONGTIME DIEHARD
Feb 18, 2011
THE PROMISED LAND-SUSSEX
If you really want to see alot of stunning scenery in a limited time, fly to Vegas then do the Grand Circle. From the Grand Canyon to the parks of Utah the country is really breathtaking.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here