Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Just 4.5 years in prison for killing 2 boys by drug driving

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
Yes.....I lived in Canada in the early 80s. You regularly saw people driving so pissed they were literally weaving all over the road. Back in the UK, late 80s, we had a visiting American (late 20s) who claimed she ALWAYS drove impaired in the evening, back home. I do hope times have changed. :shrug:

In America, in certain circumstances, they get "drive to work" privileges if they are banned. We had a gent from the colonies in front of us once for drink driving and, after being told he couldn't drive for 12 months, he asked "I get to drive to work, right?". The chair told him "No, you get the bus to work from now on".

raymondo

Apr 26, 2017
Wiltshire
My ex husband lost his job as a salesman for drink driving as he got a 12 month ban. He offered to pay a much bigger fine, but the court said a ban was mandatory for drink driving.
The only ones who can escape a ban for exceptional hardship are totting up points offenders who are usually done for speeding.

Ok, thx for the explanation. In my head my point was really about bans/points in general, rather than specifically drink driving. I accept that i should have been clearer.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
The piece of shite Robert Brown of Coventry p has had his sentenced increased slightly, meaning he'll just serve 5 years, 3 months.

To recap, the lifelong thug mowed down and killed 6 and 2 year old brothers, whilst high on a cocktail of narcotics and driving at lunatic speeds in a residential area.

Based on his history and the events, I think a life sentence would be more appropriate. But obviously not in statute, yet.

IMG_2739.PNG

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Sadly the father of the two boys took his own life in May.

That's so awful. Not the first time someone has taken their own life after something like that.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Lots of talk about legalising drugs such as Cocaine and Cannabis as the " War has been lost " when it comes to cracking down. The only problem with legalising these drugs is what can happen when you get behind a wheel. Drink driving is bad enough but there are so many variables in strength of Cocaine and Cannabis that it would be almost impossible to come up with a safe limit for driving.

The only winner would be that lawyer known as "Mr Loophole " who would have a field day getting people acquitted.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here