Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Jurgen Locadia season-long loan to Hoffenheim

deslynhamsmoustache1

Apr 25, 2010
RAF Tangmere
He clearly isn't useless, he's scored a few decent goals, he's had a couple of others wrongly disallowed and has shown flashes of what he can do. That said, he doesn't come across as though he's happy to wait another season for an extended run in the first team. A move would probably be in the best interests of all parties.

In the context of someone playing in the top league in the world, earning upwards of 30k a week then I think we can agree he's next to useless.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
Whether people like him or not Andone is still our second best striker , that might change with Maupay or Connolly proving what they can do but for now wWe have to give him a second chance. Locadia though really does not look the part. All about opinions I know and maybe if we just used him as an out and out striker he would be better but .....

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Whether people like him or not Andone is still our second best striker , that might change with Maupay or Connolly proving what they can do but for now wWe have to give him a second chance. Locadia though really does not look the part. All about opinions I know and maybe if we just used him as an out and out striker he would be better but .....

Well, Big Jurgs is either starting against Citeh, or he's off, so we shall soon see....something or other.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Great news, just need to shift Jahanbaksh now and we will be a much better team.

ac gull

Jul 7, 2003
midlands
We will still have a long term choice of three from Murray, Andone, Izzy, Ali J, Maupay, Gross, Connolly and Trossard - eight players for three places

Plenty of variations to perm from that - all have pace apart from Murray and Gross - who have speed of thought and experience to balance this

You could say if being harsh that JL has neither of these

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Is that a good thing ?

Quote Originally Posted by Springal View Post
Give it 6 months and Connolly will be the next Jake Robinson / Jake Forster-Caskey / Solly March

Yes, I scratched my head at that....not good enough and gone; not good enough and gone; decent PL player and doing well for us. Perhaps he means that in 6 months Connolly could be either a success or off on loan somewhere, or sold. I agree, but it doesn't enhance my perspective with its startling insight. :shrug::rolleyes:

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

Fans like Andone. It’s just despair over his latest assault (or unlucky body adjustment, as some claim), which cost our club dearly.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Fans like Andone. It’s just despair over his latest assault (or unlucky body adjustment, as some claim), which cost our club dearly.

Not a fan of Andone one bit. Bang average with a shit attitude.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
The club have still not addressed the striker situation properly. Even if Connolly works we still look thin up front. A striker in January is a must now.

Yes, we'll just keep buying strikers, and rejecting them before they've had a run in the team. Good plan.

Who can we get to take Maupay and Andone on loan and off the books?

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Maupay, Murray, Connolly, Andone, Locadia is the new order. In that order. With Sir Glenn increasingly requiring time off to be measured up for a bronze statue we need another new striker in the Jan window and hopefully can then offload Andone or Locadia , neither of whom look like they’re quite good enough in the PL.

Knocky's Nose

Mon nez est en Valenciennes..
May 7, 2017
Eastbourne
Maupay, Murray, Connolly, Andone, Locadia is the new order. In that order. With Sir Glenn increasingly requiring time off to be measured up for a bronze statue we need another new striker in the Jan window and hopefully can then offload Andone or Locadia , neither of whom look like they’re quite good enough in the PL.

"With Sir Glenn increasingly requiring time off to be measured up for a bronze statue..." : Made me chuckle.. :lolol:

"...and hopefully can then offload Andone or Locadia , neither of whom look like they’re quite good enough in the PL" : I think Andone is PL quality, but needs to sort his head out. I think JL is League 1 Quality, and probably needs to brush up on his mixing skills.

Raphael Meade

Jul 5, 2003
Shoreham/LA
Not a huge Locadia fan but surely with the transfer deadline passed, it's better to keep him than offload him?? He did fairly well on the left at times last year. Would prefer that's an option + have him working with Potter rather than having one less to call on.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here