Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Jurgen Locadia season-long loan to Hoffenheim

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
If Locadia continues scoring should we bring him back in January to replace Murray either on the bench or possibly starting?

Taking everything into consideration, I would rely on Muzza to come up with a goal over Locadia 100 times out of 100.

So it's a 'no' from me.

To be honest, I think it's more likely that we bring someone else in than recall DJ JL

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Big Jurg starting now for Das Hoff.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
If Locadia continues scoring should we bring him back in January to replace Murray either on the bench or possibly starting?

Murray seems to be getting worse and worse, the less minutes he plays.

However, whilst being 3rd choice behind Connolly and Maupay could be good for the team, a returned Locadia sulking about not starting many matches certainly won’t be.
Let’s leave him be and try and grab some of Hoff’s toon given millions for the lad.

I would guess that Murray will be eventually replaced by one of our U23 strikers who’ll be happier and less disruptive on the bench.

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
Murray seems to be getting worse and worse, the less minutes he plays.

However, whilst being 3rd choice behind Connolly and Maupay could be good for the team, a returned Locadia sulking about not starting many matches certainly won’t be.
Let’s leave him be and try and grab some of Hoff’s toon given millions for the lad.

I would guess that Murray will be eventually replaced by one of our U23 strikers who’ll be happier and less disruptive on the bench.

Has Murray been disruptive on the bench?

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
Has Murray been disruptive on the bench?

You're right to call this out. No evidence of this at all.

Murrays cameos haven't been effective so far this season. He looks like one of those who needs a run of time on the pitch to show what he can do, and he won't get this unless we lose Maupay and Connolly at the same time.

I expect we'll see him in the FA cup, but apart from that, we won't really see much more of him

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
You're right to call this out. No evidence of this at all.

Murrays cameos haven't been effective so far this season. He looks like one of those who needs a run of time on the pitch to show what he can do, and he won't get this unless we lose Maupay and Connolly at the same time.

I expect we'll see him in the FA cup, but apart from that, we won't really see much more of him

He’s fully employed educating our younger strikers. Maupay was caught offside at least twice early on vs Leicester

Paris

Jul 17, 2010
13th district
Murray will want more game time at this stage of his career. Could see him ending up at either Brentford or Bristol City in January. Two Championship clubs that are arguably a Glenn Murray away from promotion.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Murray will want more game time at this stage of his career. Could see him ending up at either Brentford or Bristol City in January. Two Championship clubs that are arguably a Glenn Murray away from promotion.

Really? I’d make a guess that at 36, Murray is more than happy spending time on the bench and playing cameo roles for 40K a week. He’s got nothing to prove at Championship level.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Really? I’d make a guess that at 36, Murray is more than happy spending time on the bench and playing cameo roles for 40K a week. He’s got nothing to prove at Championship level.

This. And he is very comfortable in Brighton - has been since he left us. So anywhere he goes would have to be commutable and at least he knows here what he is getting. I'm sure he won't want to end up with another Bournemouth situation as his last club of his career.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
He was only on for 8 minutes, plus added time, against Leicester. Difficult to do much in that time.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

I wasn’t happy with his pass back to their keeper. Surely he should have taken a shot?

I think he needs minutes, hopefully the FA Cup will provide that.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Paris

Jul 17, 2010
13th district

We shall see. I'll come looking for you nwgull if Murray jumps ship in January.

beefypigeon

Aug 14, 2008
What on earth happened in that game?

Mainz 1-0 up after 33, then have a player sent off just before half-time, but still go on to win the game 5-1

This! I actually backed Hoff to win as they have been on a good run recently. Crazy result given they were playing with one less player for an hour.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester

Er, yeh ok. But I’m fairly confident Murray will just see out the remaining 6 months of his contract with us and then probably hang his boots up after a very successful and long career in all 4 levels of English pro football.

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
Er, yeh ok. But I’m fairly confident Murray will just see out the remaining 6 months of his contract with us and then probably hang his boots up after a very successful and long career in all 4 levels of English pro football.

Given his appearances on Goals on Sunday, Question of Sport etc.. he does seem to be trying to build a bit of a media profile in readiness of his well earned retirement.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009

I completely agree with you - I think he'll want to move in January to get game time. You're a long time retired and at 36 I don't see him wanting to sit around not playing. He doesn't strike me as that sort of character, I definitely think he'll find himself out on loan, probably at a London club so he can commute rather than move. If I were manager of a Championship club, he would be THE name I would want to sign. If someone gets him, I'll be betting on their promotion.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
I completely agree with you - I think he'll want to move in January to get game time. You're a long time retired and at 36 I don't see him wanting to sit around not playing. He doesn't strike me as that sort of character, I definitely think he'll find himself out on loan, probably at a London club so he can commute rather than move. If I were manager of a Championship club, he would be THE name I would want to sign. If someone gets him, I'll be betting on their promotion.

Maybe mate.

Plenty of 33 year old strikers doing the business, not many 36 year olds. I'd be wishing him well, but father time catches up with everyone.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here