Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Junior Seagulls membership - what gives ?

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I'm looking to get my grandson signed up. He'll be 5 in a few months, so probably still a bit young to take along to his first game, as I'm not aiming to bring an iPad along to keep him amused. Looking on the club website though, unless I'm missing something, its all about getting him signed up to a membership scheme for tickets etc (£24), which as I say, I don't think he's ready for yet. All I want (ideally) is for him to be a Junior Seagull, where he gets some kind of introduction pack and maybe a birthday card from the club through the post, which he would be tickled pink with receiving.

I'll be the one who takes him along to his rite of passage when he's a couple of years older, but right now I just want to continue my subtle brainwashing of him with a membership and a few trinkets coming along. Anyone got their kids signed up for that type of thing ?

Thank you please.

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I'm looking to get my grandson signed up. He'll be 5 in a few months, so probably still a bit young to take along to his first game, as I'm not aiming to bring an iPad along to keep him amused. Looking on the club website though, unless I'm missing something, its all about getting him signed up to a membership scheme for tickets etc (£24), which as I say, I don't think he's ready for yet. All I want (ideally) is for him to be a Junior Seagull, where he gets some kind of introduction pack and maybe a birthday card from the club through the post, which he would be tickled pink with receiving.

I'll be the one who takes him along to his rite of passage when he's a couple of years older, but right now I just want to continue my subtle brainwashing of him with a membership and a few trinkets coming along. Anyone got their kids signed up for that type of thing ?

Thank you please.
The £24 gets you the introduction pack…….don’t think there’s a ‘handout’ version any more.

Hiheidi

Dec 27, 2022
My kids have it - you get a gift pack once a year. So far they've had:
-a pop-up goal and ball
-pencil case with pens, rubber, sharpener
-a notebook and pen, and randomly seeds!
You also get a match result tracker / poster

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Please please don’t complain that it used to be free when we were at Withdean, they got a free shirt, birthday card signed by “players”, etc. We had a fan base of max ?? 35k then (for play off final) with perhaps 10% eligible to join Seagulls Club.

Multiply that by X for now and imagine the overheads

Living a 5 minute stroll from the Goldstone or living in Tokyo makes no difference.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
look at it a different way. you get the membership gift pack, birthday e-card (shame its not real for the younger ones) and can get game tickets. there's no compulsion to do that. most people probably do, it saves having two junior memberships, people getting the wrong one, so on.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
My kids have it - you get a gift pack once a year. So far they've had:
-a pop-up goal and ball
-pencil case with pens, rubber, sharpener
-a notebook and pen, and randomly seeds!
You also get a match result tracker / poster
SOLD !
Nothing on the website mentions this. I'll just sign him up for this then, cheers chap.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Please please don’t complain that it used to be free when we were at Withdean, they got a free shirt, birthday card signed by “players”, etc. We had a fan base of max ?? 35k then (for play off final) with perhaps 10% eligible to join Seagulls Club.

Multiply that by X for now and imagine the overheads

Living a 5 minute stroll from the Goldstone or living in Tokyo makes no difference.
Absolutely not looking to complain, or roll out the entitlement. I'm happy to pay an annual sub if he's getting some stuff through the post from the club now and then, thats all I'm after really.

ozzygull

Oct 6, 2003
Reading

Thank you please.
My daughter was signed up to Gully’s Gang at 3 days old. Brain washing works, she was a season ticket holder when the Amex opens, and still talks to me on match day now she is away at university.

Klaas

I've changed this
Nov 1, 2017

Thank you please.
I wanted to ask EXACTLY the same question, so thanks. My 5 year old has just discovered football and naturally is a Brighton fan, but living so far away am not interested in tickets, just a bit of BUMPF. And a free shirt obviously. Fine if I sign up a month before right?

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
SOLD !
Nothing on the website mentions this. I'll just sign him up for this then, cheers chap.
….apart from the membership web page :lol:

2B51990D-9760-423B-9A50-081A699B1AB6.jpeg

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Anyone who calls it, and will always call it, Junior Seagulls instantly goes up in my estimation 👍

Stephen Seagull

Oct 6, 2015
Barcelona
I had all 3 of mine on this and (no free shirts when they're 7) we got everything fine until Brexit ruined posting things outside the uk. It was costing me an extra few quid per parcel every time. I can't even do my annual shop online as that also gets taxed extortionately upon arrival.

Their last season was the season before last, whenever I get back I make sure I get them some brainwashing material!

Eeyore

Lord Donkey of Queen's Park
NSC Patreon
Apr 5, 2014
Anyone who calls it, and will always call it, Junior Seagulls instantly goes up in my estimation 👍
There always used to be a rush once a junior popped out. Much easier when born during the day. It was an unnerving priority of some to get their babies registered with the Junior Seagulls as soon as they were born. I'm not even sure some folks knew what their names were when signing up.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here