Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Junctions that wind you up

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
The A259 Worthing Road by Morrisons in Littlehampton. I'm sure people drive up to that road and hit some forcefield which makes them forget the highway code - diving across to block up exits, cutting infront of others just to save a precious few seconds. Makes it doubly fun when the pedestrian crossing each side are red, or the Lyminster crossing gates are down.

A27 Chichester By-pass. Mainly around the Bognor Road roundabout. Just no.

Nitram

Jul 16, 2013
The new Seven Dials layout, and in particular either the people launching into it like lemmings or not indicating when they are turning off.

Dunk

Jul 27, 2011
Lewes
The A27 by the Amex, going towards Lewes.

At rush hour- 4.30-5.30pm- the queues go from the round-a-bout that goes towards the Stadium/Woodingdean back to the slip-road onto the A27 from Lewes road. This leads to people getting stuck unable to join the A27 while others just stop on the carriageway unable to join the queue. This knocks on to the steep hill from Hollingbury where people race down at 70mph+ before having to break hard- I've nearly been caught out a couple of times.

And it is worse on match days.

they need to find a way of getting cars onto the Woodingdean road quicker, but I suspect that is queued back from Woodingdean.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
The A259 in Fishersgate, going by Mulberrys, just past the power station.

Two (TWO) sets of independently sequenced traffic lights within about 30 yards of each other, both serving minor residential roads that join the A259 there. Absolutely LUDICROUS waste of time. Proved by the fact that only 200 yards further on, by the Albion pub, no traffic lights are necessary for the junction of West Road onto the A259 - its just a bog-standard T-junction, which works perfectly fine.

These lights regularly go red for no reason whatsoever, stopping the main flow of A259 traffic in both directions, pointlessly. I dream of one night commandeering a nine ton JCB and ramming that entire godforsaken junction down the banks and into Shoreham Port.

West Hoathly Seagull

Honorary Ruffian
Aug 26, 2003
Sharpthorne/SW11
Slip road off A27 Eastbound up to roundabout at the Dyke. It's almost blind pulling out onto the roundabout, while cars heading from brighton try to come round the roundabout 2 abreast, and some w****r in a 4x4 decides they are afr to important to queue with everyone else and try to race you round in the outside lane ........................... and relax

Have you tried it coming from the Dyke? Dad was in Mill View for a while and I used to take Mum to see him every evening (she would meet me at Three Bridges Station). To avoid the roadworks between Handcross and Warninglid, we would sometimes go through Lower Beeding and Henfield and up over the Dyke. To get onto the roundabout, you have to do battle with those two lanes of vehicles turning right.

The A259 Worthing Road by Morrisons in Littlehampton. I'm sure people drive up to that road and hit some forcefield which makes them forget the highway code - diving across to block up exits, cutting infront of others just to save a precious few seconds. Makes it doubly fun when the pedestrian crossing each side are red, or the Lyminster crossing gates are down.

A27 Chichester By-pass. Mainly around the Bognor Road roundabout. Just no.

I'd like to add the complete balls up left at the A27/A284 junction when they failed to extend the A27 Crossbush bypass round Arundel. I may be wrong (it was 20 years ago), but wasn't that down to the Duke of Norfolk being difficult over selling a field (or was it just cuts - I know the Lewes to Polegate improvement was axed for that reason)? And Prescott then cancelled it again when Labour got into power, following a Swampy-style protest at Binsted Woods. Daft - there was no need for it to go through Binsted Woods, as there are acres of open land either side of Ford Road.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
I'd like to add the complete balls up left at the A27/A284 junction when they failed to extend the A27 Crossbush bypass round Arundel. I may be wrong (it was 20 years ago), but wasn't that down to the Duke of Norfolk being difficult over selling a field (or was it just cuts - I know the Lewes to Polegate improvement was axed for that reason)? And Prescott then cancelled it again when Labour got into power, following a Swampy-style protest at Binsted Woods. Daft - there was no need for it to go through Binsted Woods, as there are acres of open land either side of Ford Road.

Oh aye. Just include Arundel as a whole. Trying to get through the A27 westbound is impossible. Luckily I can get back home just as quickly through the A259 Ford Road (i travel frequently from the A284 from Pulborough but I often feel bad for the poor people sitting on the A27 for ages on the by-pass.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here