Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Julio Enciso - Paraguay’s new wonder kid (Signed 17/06/2022)

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
Doesn’t excite me quite as much as MacAllister, Moder, Kozlowski, Sarmiento types but half the price. Why not try much like with Arce and our South African friend. If he doesn’t work out we’ll probably get our money back.

As he’s a forward will he end up making his first start at RWB like most of our signings?

PeterT

Apr 21, 2017
Hove
I have nothing relevant to add about the player but just to say that I went briefly to both Paraguay and Uruguay when travelling in the region a few years back and they couldn’t have been more different.

The place I went to in Uruguay was a UNESCO town called Colonia del Sacramento and it was beautiful, one of the nicest towns I have been to. Would like to have spent longer.

The place I went to in Paraguay was Ciudad del Este which Simon Reeve described as the most lawless city he’d ever been to. There were racks of guns on sale in the high street for taking back into Brazil, no way to get back into Brazil quickly unless you pay someone on the border who knows a short cut. Was glad to get out of there.

Anyway, just thought I’d mention it as both ‘guay’ countries came up in the thread!

Change at Barnham

Aug 6, 2011
Bognor Regis
From Andy Naylor in The Athletic:

Brighton are closing in on the capture of Paraguay’s diminutive young star Julio Enciso.
The Athletic reported last week that Brighton have made a bid for the 5ft 6in midfield playmaker, who celebrates his 18th birthday later this month.
Ruben Di Tore, president of Enciso’s club, Libertad, says: “There is the proposal we are analyzing.
“We don't want to just send him like that, but we also don’t want to deprive him of playing in one of the best leagues in the world.”
Enciso played for Paraguay at last year’s Copa America.

https://theathletic.com/live-blogs/transfer-news-live-updates-manchester-united-arsenal-liverpool-chelsea-tottenham-latest-and-more/HOMbkbCCGcYk/

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
To the tune of Agadoo:

En-ci-so-so-so
Julio is in our team
En-ci-so-so-so
Playing for Brighton is his dream
He goes left, he goes right
Beats one man, then two then three
Enciso everynight, firing us to victory

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
To the tune of Agadoo:

En-ci-so-so-so
Julio is in our team
En-ci-so-so-so
Playing for Brighton is his dream
He goes left, he goes right
Beats one man, then two then three
Enciso everynight, firing us to victory

Good effort (although isn't the tune already reserved for something about chasing Dean Hammond up a tree!?)

I'm calling it now though, that he is going to get incessantly called EncisCo by all and sundry.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here