Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Julio Enciso - Paraguay’s new wonder kid (Signed 17/06/2022)

Barham's tash

Jun 8, 2013
Rayners Lane
I’m late to this party so sorry if it’s already been discussed but personally I’d keep them all here.

IF we get to Europe and it’s the conference league I’d build the squad around the younger starlets with 3/4 senior players.

If Europa have 6/7 seniors and 3/4 starlets.

Great proving ground for them.

And if we don’t get Europe then think it has to be a case by case basis but watching them I’d say Enciso seems most likely to get frustrated due to lack of game time and might benefit most from a Championship loan.

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016
The fact that he has only started 4 times for the PL2 team indicates that the club don't seem too bothered about his lack of minutes.

I would guess that they are more interested in keeping him happy, getting him settled in a new country, whilst surrounded by Spanish speaking teammates.

We've no doubt learnt from the trouble Alexis had adjusting in his first year at the club (although COVID did make his transition exceptionally difficult).

Frankworthington

Jul 17, 2019
South Shields
I thought we already had Welbeck signed up for next season? Agree that Zeqiri and Khadra's loans are to put them in the shop window, but I'm not quuite so sure about Sima - we paid quite a lot for him, I believe, and he's had a shocking time with injuries since he signed for us, and has become almost the forgotten man. If he can stay fit, I would guess next season is make or break time for his Albion future.
I agree with you about Sima. Both Manchester clubs and others were after him at one point.
The jury is still out. Another loan maybe?

Live by the sea

Oct 21, 2016
Buonette ( spelt wrong ) is good enough based on what I’ve seen to start if needed . Encisco yes as an impact sub and I think he will improve staying with the first team squad .

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
He’s not going to go on loan this season is he ? So you look at it in June. If he scores a few between now and the end of the season they’ll be no loan. Not saying he wouldn’t benefit from some time at a decent Championship team. He wouldn’t go there as top pick automatically though. He’s got to fight a bit.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Thought he was excellent today in his half an hour. Caused them so many problems. His recent performances have been very encouraging which is just as well as, with all the forthcoming fixtures and Moder, Lallana and Sarmiento out for all of most of the season, we're going to need him on form.
Yep seems to stay in his feet more now and tracks back better than he has done - some tough lessons learnt I think but was impressed today

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
Thought he was excellent today in his half an hour. Caused them so many problems. His recent performances have been very encouraging which is just as well as, with all the forthcoming fixtures and Moder, Lallana and Sarmiento out for all of most of the season, we're going to need him on form.
Was just going to look for this thread to say the same.

Thought he showed some real guts and desire to get us back into the game. Really like him.

Oh_aye

Jul 8, 2022
Yes. Looked decent. And still has that tendency to justvtry and get a snapshot off as soon as he gets the chance when so many of our players look to overplay it.

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
He's so desperate to score, lovely turn on the edge of the box but not sure a shot was the right option. He needs to pass more rather than shoot all the time but he looks promising.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
I hope I am at the game he gets his first goal. He'll go mental.
Yep, agreed, I think it will be one of the most emotion driven celebrations we’ve seen! Think Cucurella against United complete with tears!

He really does keep trying and deserves one soon! He’s got a lot of endearing qualities.

Slightly off topic, but I always love watching him warm up before games with Sarmiento (when JS is there). It’s like watching two South American kid freestylers just having a ball and living the dream. It’s great to watch, the kids love it.

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
Slightly off topic, but I always love watching him warm up before games with Sarmiento (when JS is there). It’s like watching two South American kid freestylers just having a ball and living the dream. It’s great to watch, the kids love it.
They were exactly like that after the Palace game. Walking around the pitch together grinning like lunatics.

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
Yep thought today was his most intelligent in terms how he used the ball and his movement. Decent from him.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here