Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Julio Enciso - Paraguay’s new wonder kid (Signed 17/06/2022)

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Thought it was pretty bold of RdZ to bring him on at the moment he did. What is he: 18, 19? Never played a PL game before, is a creative attacking player, and he's thrown into things when we were trying to see the game out. Got to admire the head coach's cojones for that move. It worked out well, as it meant we started to stretch them again after sitting back for a while.

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
Thought it was pretty bold of RdZ to bring him on at the moment he did. What is he: 18, 19? Never played a PL game before, is a creative attacking player, and he's thrown into things when we were trying to see the game out. Got to admire the head coach's cojones for that move. It worked out well, as it meant we started to stretch them again after sitting back for a while.
I thought the same thing. Same with Sarmiento. Bold subs

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
'Ended up helping' gross!? His shots literally and directly led to the goal!
I know. I watched the same game.

My point was that had he passed to Gross rather than having that 2nd shot Mendy would have been better positioned and may have made the save.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Enciso was the right sub at the right time. He gave the Chelsea defence problems. Great cameo from the lad.

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
Definitely needs experience - should have passed to Trossard in one chance, and Gross for the goal (but lucky that it rebounded to him anyway) - but also it's nice to have a striker who is hungry to score goals.

Lots of energy, made a few niggly fouls and got in their faces which I imagine is what he was instructed to do. Excited to see more of him.
Tiago Silva would have cut out the pass to Trossard IMO

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Exactly what we were saying……very ballsy sub and Julio didn’t disappoint.

Invicta

NSC Patron
Nov 1, 2013
Kent
Looked really good, pace , decent close control and likes s shot. Looking forward to seeing him again.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
I imagine the response nationally would be “bloody hell, they’ve found another one!” Fantastic impact & a great shot on him.

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
Thought he made a good impact. Looks a decent player. On one occasion he didnt track back to defend and Mac Allister looked to give him some strong words, but other than that was very decent.

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
Thought he made a good impact. Looks a decent player. On one occasion he didnt track back to defend and Mac Allister looked to give him some strong words, but other than that was very decent.
I also spotted this - Mac Allister is just getting better and better. Every aspect of his game - he’s a future captain. Hopefully with us!!

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Yeah - saw that. With Lallana off the pitch, it was impressive to see Mac step up and give the bollocking out (Julio deserved it having left our whole left side unguarded).

However, the lad (who is just a boy) has a big future with us. You can see it already. He is going to be very special.

Dancin Ninja BHA

Jul 6, 2003
0-2 regrettably

What stood out for me was his confidence.

What stood out for me is how he looks like he's bulked up since coming to England.

Not that waver-thin slip of a lad I thought we'd bought from South American.

He's a greedy bugger mind and should have slipped in Trossard for the first attempt but I didn't go mad at the time because we were 3-1 up. If we'd been losing or needed a winning goal, I would have been more than a bit pissed with that selfishness

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
Looks to me like he has bags of raw ability! As other's have said, he'll need to learn to be less selfish in certain situations/better decision making, but he's still very young. I was very impressed with what I saw.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
What stood out for me is how he looks like he's bulked up since coming to England.

Not that waver-thin slip of a lad I thought we'd bought from South American.

He's a greedy bugger mind and should have slipped in Trossard for the first attempt but I didn't go mad at the time because we were 3-1 up. If we'd been losing or needed a winning goal, I would have been more than a bit pissed with that selfishness
100% - he’s much stockier than when he first arrived, and even since playing at FGR in the cup.

GrossTurn

Jun 20, 2020
Agree with those above saying he looked like he could definitely hold his own (physically) out there.

Also for someone who is apparently 5ft 6 he certainly does a good impression of someone a fair bit taller?! Not sure that’s accurate. Would make him just 1 inch taller than Lamptey.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here