GOSBTS

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Reminds me, must dig out my copy of “Who killed the Zutons”

Robdinho

Jul 26, 2004
Trouble is, our scouting reputation seems to have reached a point where any agent with half a brain cell is going to let it be known that we're interested in their player, as a shortcut to get the attention of the 'big' clubs.

Suspect we are going to get linked with a lot of names this month

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Trouble is, our scouting reputation seems to have reached a point where any agent with half a brain cell is going to let it be known that we're interested in their player, as a shortcut to get the attention of the 'big' clubs.

Not sure the relevance of this.
It surely means that the 'big' clubs and the also-rans will just go and chase the supposed link, which means they're all even less secure in knowing what Jewell, Bloom, Barbs, Weir, etc are up to.

Robdinho

Jul 26, 2004
It surely means that the 'big' clubs and the also-rans will just go and chase the supposed link, which means they're all even less secure in knowing what Jewell, Bloom, Barbs, Weir, etc are up to.
Well... yeah, that's basically what I said ???

All I really meant was these links are even more likely to be agent-fuelled nonsense than ever before, because people know that mentioning our name will spark further interest.

Reddleman

May 17, 2017
I do think some cover at LB/LWB would be useful. With Solly playing so well where he is it would be a waste to move him over to cover if Pervis got a knock.

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria

Well... yeah, that's basically what I said ???

All I really meant was these links are even more likely to be agent-fuelled nonsense than ever before, because people know that mentioning our name will spark further interest.

Just a red herring. It probably just means we have 'mentioned' an 'interest' in a player - so the big clubs start circling like sharks.

Whilst we swim off and snapper up another fish in the sea that no-one has previously heard of, but was our main interest all along.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here