Votes: 2 5.7%
  • ye wha.

Votes: 1 2.9%

• Total voters

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
This man will shortly have his extradition hearing in London as to wether the British Court will yield to the American government and hand over JA for what will probably be a life sentence if not worse , his crime was to release redacted information to his wiki leaks page regarding the actions of American troops in Afghanistan ......actions that are regarded as war crimes if you look from the other side, bearing in mind the situation in Gaza (Rafa to be precise) where British arms manufacturers are supplying ordinance, i mean WTF are we being fed..?

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field
I generally believe that there's a very fine line and balance between information that should be released into the public domain and that which should be kept classified (at least for a decent chunk of time) in the interests of national security. In this particular case, my feeling is that JA is being hung out to dry (only metaphorically at least to date!), for highlighting something that makes the USA look bad, rather than because it presents any sort of tangible risk to future safety and security.

That's my twopennyworth, which could well be missing some crucial element!

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
I generally believe that there's a very fine line and balance between information that should be released into the public domain and that which should be kept classified (at least for a decent chunk of time) in the interests of national security. In this particular case, my feeling is that JA is being hung out to dry (only metaphorically at least to date!), for highlighting something that makes the USA look bad, rather than because it presents any sort of tangible risk to future safety and security.

That's my twopennyworth, which could well be missing some crucial element!
that is a fair comment , he calls the whole US war strategy into question .....WMD is still a sizzler that was never proven .....the documents were release by the military employee , Assange made it public .....public interest ?? highly debatable i'll grant you but he hasn't killed or harmed anyone just pulled a magnifying glass over western military operations.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
that is a fair comment , he calls the whole US war strategy into question .....WMD is still a sizzler that was never proven .....the documents were release by the military employee , Assange made it public .....public interest ?? highly debatable i'll grant you but he hasn't killed or harmed anyone just pulled a magnifying glass over western military operations.
Might be someone in Sweden who disagrees with that, but of course he hid in an Embassy.

Colonel Mustard

Jun 18, 2023
This man will shortly have his extradition hearing in London as to wether the British Court will yield to the American government and hand over JA for what will probably be a life sentence if not worse , his crime was to release redacted information to his wiki leaks page regarding the actions of American troops in Afghanistan ......actions that are regarded as war crimes if you look from the other side, bearing in mind the situation in Gaza (Rafa to be precise) where British arms manufacturers are supplying ordinance, i mean WTF are we being fed..?
Not as simple as that. He dumped a ton of information (obtained illegally) indiscriminately, and included classified information on individuals that has led to countless deaths. The man is an irresponsible narcissist. Let him answer for his actions in an American court.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
Not as simple as that. He dumped a ton of information (obtained illegally) indiscriminately, and included classified information on individuals that has led to countless deaths. The man is an irresponsible narcissist. Let him answer for his actions in an American court.
In an American court...?? :lolol::lolol: fucksake .
Narcissist ....a word bandied around at ridiculous volume ...i don't think it fits here , he unearthed American bullshit , the whole war on the likes of Libya , Iraq ,Syria and Yemen has been pushed by the Rotschilds and Rokaffellers ( world bank ) clinging to power like flies to a shitty blanket , may as well delete this thread now with gumbys like you in the mix.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
He allegedly raped two women but was able to evade a court hearing by hiding at the Ecuadorian embassy. But you know all this, surely?
rape allegations against a guy hiding from the American government ...?? no way....!!:rolleyes: where are these women now ..?, i don't see them screaming for justice , why is he being backed by Amnesty International if he's a vile rapist..??

you ignored the question about him being held in solitude by the same establishment that is selling bombs and guns to the IDF....hypocri$y much..??

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
I haven't really gone into the details of what he released but to me he revealed himself as a wrong 'un when he got friends including Jemima Khan to stand bail for him over the Swedish rape charges then left them hanging when he sought asylum in the Ecuadorian embassy. The writer he hired to ghost his autobiography has described him as a self-righteous narcissist.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
I haven't really gone into the details of what he released but to me he revealed himself as a wrong 'un when he got friends including Jemima Khan to stand bail for him over the Swedish rape charges then left them hanging when he sought asylum in the Ecuadorian embassy. The writer he hired to ghost his autobiography has described him as a self-righteous narcissist.
ok ...give him to the Yanks then , im sure Amnesty will be embarrassed with their association.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
As you say - not as simple as that. The data contained information of illegal American activity including murders. Personally I think that should be in the public domain and the American forces / mercenaries held to account. If it wasn't for the release of said information we'd not know about the war crimes America committed - or at least not have the proof.

Happy for you to provide some reference material to prove the release of this information "led to countless deaths" ?

The problem is that states can't be trusted so it takes whistleblowers to highlight their corruption and cover ups. That stands true for the USA, the UK, France, Russia .... all of them. People like Julian Assange should be thanked not locked up by the very authorities he has exposed as corrupt.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
go on then ... i'm all ears , tell me what he did in Sweden please..:rolleyes:

are you only a liberatarian when it suits ..?
Mostly covered by the other answers already but I'm anything but a Libertarian. It's an awful doctrine, far right, very difficult to defend and full of hypocrites. I suspect you've used the wrong word.

I'm a social liberal culturally and a social democrat economically. And I believe that if you're accused of a crime then you defend yourself, certainly in Western democracies, rather than hiding in an Embassy until a statute of limitations is reached.

Why is it always conspiracy theorists who accuse perfectly innocent people of sex crimes while ignoring the allegations against one of their own "heroes"?

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
Mostly covered by the other answers already but I'm anything but a Libertarian. It's an awful doctrine, far right, very difficult to defend and full of hypocrites. I suspect you've used the wrong word.

I'm a social liberal culturally and a social democrat economically. And I believe that if you're accused of a crime then you defend yourself, certainly in Western democracies, rather than hiding in an Embassy until a statute of limitations is reached.

Why is it always conspiracy theorists who accuse perfectly innocent people of sex crimes while ignoring the allegations against one of their own "heroes"?
oh bore off with your conspiracy theorist tripe you bubble dwelling melt.....who are these innocents you speak of and who are the heroes ......once again extremely poor dialogue from a moderator of the board.

:???:

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
who are these innocents you speak of and who are the heroes ......
Joey Barton is currently getting sued by Jeremy Vine for constantly calling him 'bike nonce' with absolutely zero evidence. Assange hid from sex charges. How hard is that to understand?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here