Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Jukka Raitala

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Not at all Severnside, to be honest I've never heard of the fella myself. Just passing on what I have been told. (As I did with regards to Ulloa 9 months before we signed him)

You have my full support regardless of any outcome.:thumbsup:

Love a good rumour :lolol:

Last edited:

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Well of course i know the finish players well, when i watch all the national team games. On the finnish football forum there has been a lot of speculation about which finnish players could suit for Brighton. As mentioned before, Niki Mäenpää could be a suitable goalkeeper, and he would be free too. Finland has no better keepers really. Our second national team keeper Luklas Hradecky is too unreliable already, he has made so many terrible mistakes during the years that i have lost confidence in him totally.

When it comes to center backs, our number one man Niklas Moisander is probably too expensive, and so is number two man Juhani Ojala, since he currently plays in the Russian League, but our number three center back Tero Mäntylä might be just perfect. Mäntylä did take part in his bulgarian team Ludogorets recent training game, i think Ludogorets would want to sell him, and i know that Tero himself wants to leave. It's difficult to know how much Ludogorets would want of him, but one million could be close. Finland does not have many good wingbacks, Arkivuo and Uronen both have contracts in Sweden and i think they would be a bit too expensive. They would cost over a million pounds both, im sure.

When you look at finnish national team midfielders, Roman Eremenko and Perparim Hetemaj are the only ones who are really "too good" for Championship level, and many others are too bad to play even there, but we have a few ones (Sakari Mattila, Alexander Ring, Tim Sparv) who i don't think are quite Premier League quality, but Championship might be fine, but they all would probably cost around a million pounds. Mattila is an attacking midfielder, he can give good freekicks and he as good shot. Ring is very aggressive and hard working and can play both defending and attacking midfielder. Sparv is a pretty solid defending midfielder, he can play as center back too.

When you look at attackers, we basically have 4 decent ones. Teemu Pukki plays for Celtic and he is our number one striker. He scored 8 goals for Celtic last season in about 30 games and that might not seem much, but you have to remember that he was in the starting eleven only in a few games, since Celtic had so many strikers.. Joel Pohjanpalo plays in the german "Championship" and he didn't score that many goals last season, but he was in starting eleven a lot and he is still a very young lad (born 94) so i think he will still develop a lot, he has potential. And then we have too giant strikers, Eero Markkanen and Berat Sadik. Sadik (born in Macedonia) plays in the Swiss top league, and he has scored quite many goals, but to be fair, he has had chances to score a lot more too. Eero Markkanen is a bit more skillful than Sadik and a lot younger too, and he plays in Sweden. Basically these 4 are the only finnish strikers who could be good enough for Brighton, but Pukki would probably cost several million pounds. The other three might be close to the one million pound fee, but who knows for sure.
You should email this to David Burke.....you might end up being employed by Brighton as our Finnish scout/talent spotter!!!

Seriously.

strand

Jun 3, 2014
I agree with "litmanen", Jukka Raitala would not be a big improvement. He has a pretty good CV (experience from Bundesliga, La Liga and the Dutch league as well as plenty of game time for Finland), but he hasn't been able to live up to his potential. Besides, Heerenveen have a new coach, and Raitala will surely try to win a place in the starting-11 in the pre-season before even considering a transfer.

The list from "litmanen" was good, but those were all legionnaires. I wouldn't be surprised if Hyypiä brought in a league from the Finnish league. There are a few potential players there too. For example Rasmus Schüller, Robin Lod, Omar Colley, Demba Savage are some of the more established players that could make it on Championship level.

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
A friend who occasionally is privy to information. May be off the Mark but has been accurate before (Ulloa)

You my friend are living on a past glory . . .
Even+a+stopped+clock+gives+the+right+time+twice+a+day.png

(cue us signing him tomorrow)

L

litmanen

You should email this to David Burke.....you might end up being employed by Brighton as our Finnish scout/talent spotter!!!

Seriously.

Thanks but im quite satisfied with my current job at the finnish railways =) Btw, the qualifying games for Euro 2016 will be really exciting to follow now when you can be third in your group and still qualify. And Greece and Romania in the same group. Finally Finland has a chance. We can't wait.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Thanks but im quite satisfied with my current job at the finnish railways =) Btw, the qualifying games for Euro 2016 will be really exciting to follow now when you can be third in your group and still qualify. And Greece and Romania in the same group. Finally Finland has a chance. We can't wait.
You could do both!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here