Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Jude Bellingham

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
And it will be the Palarse dullard's fault
I think most folk with rational heads know that it will be tough to go beyond Saturday. Unless Mbappe has an off day, and England are at their absolute best, that's all folks.

So the question will be the general performance of the team. I can't see England's defence coping. But it would be good to see some joy going forward.

essbee1

Jun 25, 2014
Yep. Those three ahead of the rest currently but Mbappe head and shoulders above all.

I think today has just prolonged/delayed the agony for England fans - he will destroy Walker/Stones/Maguire.
Utter and complete bollox. You don't know what you're talking about mate.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
I think most folk with rational heads know that it will be tough to go beyond Saturday. Unless Mbappe has an off day, and England are at their absolute best, that's all folks.

So the question will be the general performance of the team. I can't see England's defence coping. But it would be good to see some joy going forward.
Of course it will be tough but the French won't be looking forward to it either. They haven't got the best defence.

Should be a good game.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
I'm a little in awe of Bellingham. He's so good already as a player but he's also incredibly mature for someone so young. He's making a big difference to the team and is the main reason I have some hope for the game against France.

I rather like his burgeoning bromance with Henderson, he doesn't seem to have the all consuming arrogance of youth, he clearly admires and respects his role models in the game

Last edited:

Shooting Star

Apr 29, 2011
Suffolk
A prime example of why a couple more of our youth prospects should go abroad to play. Learn a new language, experience a different culture of living and football. It has made him maturer than his years it seems.

Peppermint Tea

Aug 31, 2007
Class act, that lad, both on and off the pitch. Happily one of many in this England squad who are decent role models.

Mr Southgate has, probably fairly, got his critics but one can't help but acknowledge his skills at creating an inclusive culture where seemingly all the players get on incredibly well. A marked counterpoint to life under Sven, Capello, Woy etc where things seemed much more tribal. If we do go through on Saturday (and that's a big IF), it will be as much to do with the desire to want to play for each other as the performance of individuals.

Randy McNob

Now go home and get your f#cking Shinebox
Jun 13, 2020
I'm not fully on board with the Mbappe love in. He has lightening pace and knows where the goal is which is devastating but take away his pace and he can be dealt with. He's no Zidane

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
He's only 19! We should make a bid. We could turn him into a really good player!
Yep. A couple of years in the Development Squad and a loan out to USG and he'll be ready for the first team. (y)

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
What a wonderful young talent Jude is. The way he speaks is unbelievable. What maturity. It's brilliant to have a national side containing people i'm happy to get behind.

As for the quarter final. I agree with those saying that we don't have the defenders to cope with the pace and skill of Mbappe and Greizmann. However I think we have a few they will struggle to deal with as well. Our best chance is an end to end slugfest and w ecome out the better team from a 4-3 type match

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here