Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Jude Bellingham

MJsGhost

Oooh Matron, I'm an
NSC Patron
Jun 26, 2009
East
He’s also the England capt.
Holding a prestigious post does not make you immune to accusations of being a dick. (See the list of recent Prime Ministers)

I have no idea what he's like off the pitch, but I see enough snide (and dangerous) fouling to form the opinion that he's a dick on the pitch.

Talented player though, so the dick part is a shame.

I find it strange that people think he can do no wrong just because he's England's captain.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
I wasn’t a huge fan of Kane and this was based mainly on his on-field antics. The move to Bayern, the reasons he cited, plus the way he’s handling himself down south has changed my view of him.

Holding a prestigious post does not make you immune to accusations of being a dick. (See the list of recent Prime Ministers)

I have no idea what he's like off the pitch, but I see enough snide (and dangerous) fouling to form the opinion that he's a dick on the pitch.

Talented player though, so the dick part is a shame.

I find it strange that people think he can do no wrong just because he's England's captain.
Yes you’re right MJ that’s not what I meant by that - of course he can do wrong on the football pitch and goes down easily - exactly the same as a certain Glenn Murray. I think he deserves more respect on here and honestly find the hatred of him bizaare. He went over easily and won a pen v Lallana 5 years ago - get over it!

I have never heard of ANYTHING to suggest the man’s anything but a decent human off the pitch. Not once has he created negative headlines - but like Lampard. Just gets hate for being good. With his childhood sweetheart and seems respectful. And yes, is a huge part of the national team being relatively successful and like a club side with no cliques in the last decade.

All Harry Kane has done is play football and win the odd free kick - no worse than Murray. Yet he is constantly called all sorts on nsc - it is so so so weird in my eyes. Our National captain ffs (scary I have to write this explanation but he deserves research as a top England player and captain and that’s what I meant!) People need to get a grip.

That is my opinion anyway - HARRY KANE IS ON MY MIND AND HES ENGLANDS NUMBER 9 🤣

Last edited:

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Quite. Rooney, anybody? He’s peak dick.
Yep - there’s a good comparison. And I obviously supported Wayne Rooney for England. How Harry Kane gets more negative comments on here than Rooney is utterly bizarre. Point proven there.

MJsGhost

Oooh Matron, I'm an
NSC Patron
Jun 26, 2009
East
Yes you’re right MJ that’s not what I meant by that - of course he can do wrong on the football pitch and goes down easily - exactly the same as a certain Glenn Murray. I think he deserves more respect on here and honestly find the hatred of him bizaare. He went over easily and won a pen v Lallana 5 years ago - get over it!

I have never heard of ANYTHING to suggest the man’s anything but a decent human off the pitch. Not once has he created negative headlines - but like Lampard. Just gets hate for being good. With his childhood sweetheart and seems respectful. And yes, is a huge part of the national team being relatively successful and like a club side with no cliques in the last decade.

All Harry Kane has done is play football and win the odd free kick - no worse than Murray. Yet he is constantly called all sorts on nsc - it is so so so weird in my eyes. Our National captain ffs (scary I have to write this explanation but he deserves research as a top England player and captain and that’s what I meant!) People need to get a grip.

That is my opinion anyway - HARRY KANE IS ON MY MIND AND HES ENGLANDS NUMBER 9 🤣
Just on the Murray comparison, I don't remember Glenn repeatedly backing into players who were jumping for the ball, taking their legs away as a result and looking for a free kick (endangering the player along the way). Quite different on the dick scale to Glenn going down a little easily.
Your positive opinion of Kane is probably enhanced by the injustice you see in the flak he gets from some quarters on here. Much like it works the other way for me when I see people say he can do wrong, despite him being a massive dick (IMHO :lolol:)

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Just on the Murray comparison, I don't remember Glenn repeatedly backing into players who were jumping for the ball, taking their legs away as a result and looking for a free kick (endangering the player along the way). Quite different on the dick scale to Glenn going down a little easily.
Your positive opinion of Kane is probably enhanced by the injustice you see in the flak he gets from some quarters on here. Much like it works the other way for me when I see people say he can do wrong, despite him being a massive dick (IMHO :lolol:)
Yes understood. Opinions eh. I just don’t get the one with him whatsoever and like him a lot. A bit of poor / clever / dangerous play on the pitch is there to be dealt with by the authorities - doesn’t make him personally a dick for pushing the boundaries of fair play on the game of football imo. I know as football fans we often get all sorts of irrational opinions of players we don’t know from Adam etc too & are all guilty of it.

MJsGhost

Oooh Matron, I'm an
NSC Patron
Jun 26, 2009
East
Yes understood. Opinions eh. I just don’t get the one with him whatsoever and like him a lot. A bit of poor / clever / dangerous play on the pitch is there to be dealt with by the authorities - doesn’t make him personally a dick for pushing the boundaries of fair play on the game of football imo. I know as football fans we often get all sorts of irrational opinions of players we don’t know from Adam etc too & are all guilty of it.
Well, personally I think there's a massive distinction between gamesmanship and dangerous play. If a player risks ending another's career when "pushing the boundaries" I think that makes them a dick.

But anyway... Jude Bellingham is quite the player :)

Javeaseagull

Feb 22, 2014
My son in law is Spurs and he told me a tale about Kane. He reckons one of the centre backs was playing around with Eriksons missus so he called him out at the training ground. The next game the CB was on the bench with a black eye. He never played for Spurs again and shortly after he left the club. Allegedly! He’ll do for me.

PeterT

Apr 21, 2017
Hove
Well, personally I think there's a massive distinction between gamesmanship and dangerous play. If a player risks ending another's career when "pushing the boundaries" I think that makes them a dick.

But anyway... Jude Bellingham is quite the player :)
I saw him play at 17 for Birmingham City. He looked a great player then but has probably already far exceeded expectations. They don’t look quite so silly for retiring his shirt now, for which they were ridiculed at the time. Blues fans live in hope that he will come back one day in one capacity or another.

SPOT ON. Weird WEIRD anti English cult on here at times .

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach

Almost as weird as the slavish slobbering dedication to some bloke who wears shirt with 3 lions on it because he was born on this particular bit of mud island, and because of that, can do no wrong. Especially of he's got the extra blue armband along with the shirt.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
It's simply anti Kane, not anti English. Let's not be silly, now. But it is very peevish.*

For what it's worth, I think Kane is the greatest ever England striker. If you can imagine a cross between Zamora and Murray, but upgraded to a top level (by genetic engineering, and now with some added tech from Bosch GmbH), then you have Kane.

*With a slice of 'let's bully the boy with the cleft palate'. Not a good look.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Maybe but he got a solid hand to it. Still a good goal but I thought how he adjusted to finish the second was more impressive.

I must say it's delightful to see British players doing well in the foreign leagues. Previously, I would struggle to list players who have done well, often citing Archibald at Barca ffs.
Jimmy Greaves (briefly)
Mark Hughes
David Platt
Becks
Er....
Gaz.....no

We don't have the language skills.
Plus, the money is better here.

John Charles was the greatest export. British, but Welsh. Does that count?

It's simply anti Kane, not anti English. Let's not be silly, now. But it is very peevish.*

For what it's worth, I think Kane is the greatest ever England striker. If you can imagine a cross between Zamora and Murray, but upgraded to a top level (by genetic engineering, and now with some added tech from Bosch GmbH), then you have Kane.

*With a slice of 'let's bully the boy with the cleft palate'. Not a good look.
Yeah good points.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here