Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Judas or Genius

GP Judas or genius

• Total voters

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Removing the emotion (which I except the OP won’t be able to do).

1. Genius
2. Best Brighton manager of all time.
3. Eternal thanks to Graham.

junior

Dec 1, 2003
Didsbury, Manchester
****ing hell guys. Football management is his job. He got offered another job on better terms and quite naturally, accepted the offer. He didn't go whoring himself around, he hasn't held the club to ransom. It's a natural thing to happen. Some of the bedwetting on here is unbelievable.

Reddleman

May 17, 2017
We are all a bit raw just now but it’s got to be genius. Best manager we have ever had by almost any metric we could choose.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Genius, but ruthlessly ambitious and cares not a jot for BHA (now) and he was happy to stiff Uncle Tony by eviscerating our coaching team at a critical juncture. We were just a step on his journey.

Lawros Lip

Sep 16, 2020
I’ll be be more prepared to praise his genius if we appoint someone, preferably soon, who builds upon whatever he has achieved for the club and maintains our current trajectory.

pure_white

Dec 8, 2021
I’ll be be more prepared to praise his genius if we appoint someone, preferably soon, who builds upon whatever he has achieved for the club and maintains our current trajectory.
BUT isnt the whole point here GP had a unique way that cant be followed

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Genius, but ruthlessly ambitious and cares not a jot for BHA (now) and he was happy to stiff Uncle Tony by eviscerating our coaching team at a critical juncture. We were just a step on his journey.

Let’s just hope that GP was a step on our journey

(I can’t help but think he has had his plan mapped out for a long time- the few clubs he would go to, who he would want to take, etc, etc so it was just a case of picking up the phone and saying “it’s go go go”).

Don’t underestimate Tony Bloom

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Let’s just hope that GP was a step on our journey

(I can’t help but think he has had his plan mapped out for a long time- the few clubs he would go to, who he would want to take, etc, etc so it was just a case of picking up the phone and saying “it’s go go go”).

Don’t underestimate Tony Bloom

We’ll be ok, Tony will absolutely have this covered………next few weeks might see a blip but it won’t deflect the long term strategy.

faoileán

Jan 29, 2021

Totally agree (though I think genius is pushing it a bit). Football is a ruthless business but I naively thought that G.Pott had greater integrity than to dump the club, his squad and the fans just as we were getting somewhere. The Chelsea franchise has regularly chewed-up and spat out far bigger fish than him and so I predict him having to take-on a new "long term project" at another under achieving club within 18 months.

Oh and I will boo him when he returns to The Amex...

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Nigh on a genius, but with a stain on him. Taken things that weren’t his to take.

BKseagulls

Sep 8, 2022
As a fan from the US (fairly new fan too..), I will say this: The idea of a team just taking a different team's coach (let alone the entire staff..) during the season is a completely foreign concept to me (no pun intended). in the US leagues (NFL, NHL, NBA, etc.) if a coach is under contract, the only way he leaves is if he is fired. Period. The fact that this is allowed is truly a joke and one reason why the Premier league has the top 6 clubs and then a bunch of other clubs that are essentially feeder clubs. It would be nice for the Premier League to adopt some of the US model....(never going to happen, I know....)

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
Genius, he has helped set us on a fabulous path and although his departure slows that down I'm confident we will continue to grow once the replacement settles in

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
We don't live in a totalitarian state.

We are all free to accept a job offer if our contract permits it.

This thread is pointless clickbait.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here