Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

JT Stripped of Captaincy - Official

Glawstergull

May 21, 2004
GLAWSTERSHIRE
I think it’s a ridiculous decision. Innocent until proven guilty.

Whilst i tend to agree with you, i can also see something in the counter arguement that the FA has a duty etc.

The problem that i have with the whole scenario is that this is a direct result of a MEDIA fueled witchhunt and not the consensus of feeling derived from a balanced debate.

No i don't like him either.

Common as Mook

Not Posh as Fook
Jul 26, 2004
I love how your best example of English players behaving was TWENTY TWO years ago. I can imagine your thinking now. "Ah, I can go for Euro96-oh, no I can't, keep going back to when footballers were normal people".

And again dodging the wider argument.

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
And another thing. If Terry is proved innocent I hope they throw the book at Ferdinand and it ruins his career.

What on earth should Anton Ferdindand suffer in your view - there's no doubt Terry said what he said, everyone admits that, it was the context of the sentence - are you saying AF should not have complained if he thought he was being abused ?

seagullondon

Mar 15, 2011
this is a terrible decision in my opinion. Absolutely shocking.

In terms of replacement I would go for:

STEVE GERRARD, GERRARD. HE'S BETTER THAN FRANK LAMPARD. HE'LL PASS THE BALL 20 YARDS. STEVE GERRARD GERRARD

aolstudios

Nov 30, 2011
brighton
And another thing. If Terry is proved innocent I hope they throw the book at Ferdinand and it ruins his career.
Why? this isn't like suarez & evra, which was basically man's word against another. This didn't start with an accusation from ferdinand, so why on earth should terry being found innocent affect ferdinand's career?

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
Other than Barton (who IS an exception, because he's a headcase he can do what he wants without fear of being called a poof) name ONE English footballer who freely admits to enjoying culture, going to the theater, recite poetry etc. David James is also an utter laughing stock so again, goes with what I'm saying.

Name ONE. Who is just generally accepted as a regular bloke. Blokey bloke. You can't. They don't exist in England.
Of course he cant, because " blokey blokes" dont take part in the activities you mention.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
So what?

Closer to now: Shearer involved in any scandals? Lampard? David Seaman?

Still players who started their careers 10+ years back. With Spain I could immediately and very easily name about TEN CURRENT PLAYERS. That's indicative of something not right in England, surely? I don't believe the football culture there is the same as here.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Of course he cant, because " blokey blokes" dont take part in the activities you mention.

Spot on. And that's an English/British thing. You can be a perfectly normal functioning "manly man" in France and go to the theater and appreciate art etc. We are NOT comfortable with that sort of thing.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Lampard?

Ayia Napa sextape?
9-11 US tourists?

It's unbelievable. I don't know why people are so determined to put their heads in the sand about it too. The rap sheet for English internationals over the last 5-10 years compared to Spain, France, Italy is frankly ridiculous.

Common as Mook

Not Posh as Fook
Jul 26, 2004
Still players who started their careers 10+ years back. With Spain I could immediately and very easily name about TEN CURRENT PLAYERS. That's indicative of something not right in England, surely? I don't believe the football culture there is the same as here.

Leighton Baines
Phil Jagielka
Matt Dawson
Gary Cahill
Bobby Zamora
Scott Parker
Gareth Barry
Theo Walcott
Aaron Lennon
Adam Johnson

There you go, there's 10 current players. Assasinate those characters.

Common as Mook

Not Posh as Fook
Jul 26, 2004
It's unbelievable. I don't know why people are so determined to put their heads in the sand about it too. The rap sheet for English internationals over the last 5-10 years compared to Spain, France, Italy is frankly ridiculous.

Why are you narrowing it down to 5-10 years? Are you a "football as invented by Sky Sports" paid up member?

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
Spot on. And that's an English/British thing. You can be a perfectly normal functioning "manly man" in France and go to the theater and appreciate art etc. We are NOT comfortable with that sort of thing.
Fair enough, it's not in our national psyche, but then neither is hoisting a white flag at the first whiff of gunpowder , which it is in France, and i'm only half joking when I say this.

Common as Mook

Not Posh as Fook
Jul 26, 2004
Genuinely forgetting what "the wider argument" you're referring to is. State it again.

Football is a game that people get involved in from a very young age before they have a chance to be "world-wise". It doesn't matter what country you come from, every country will have those that f*** up. It's human nature.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here