Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] JP Morgan

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
Not enough press attacking JPM imo.

Without them bankrolling the whole ESL farce, it would not have gotten off the ground.

They are as guilty of greed and trying to destroy the beautiful game as the owners of the 12 clubs are.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I am never going to trust another international, short selling, hedge fund owning, foreclosing, liquidating, life wrecking banking behemoth ever again.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Left back?

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
You're right, these guys also got handed $30 billion by the federal reserve in 2008 because they were "too big to fail"

It's a tough old world for some

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
You're right, these guys also got handed $30 billion by the federal reserve in 2008 because they were "too big to fail"

It's a tough old world for some

But we got Margot Robbie in a bubble bath.

So that deal seems about right.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
I did some work for JP Morgan a couple of years ago, that would be a no-no now. In fact, I'm going to remove that little nugget from my CV

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Not enough press attacking JPM imo.

Without them bankrolling the whole ESL farce, it would not have gotten off the ground.

They are as guilty of greed and trying to destroy the beautiful game as the owners of the 12 clubs are.

Isn't the whole point of banking "Greed is Good" ? It certainly seems to be with my bank and their charges.

May 5, 2020
Sussex
Discraceful how he treated Tesla.
I often think of JP Morgan when I get my electricity bill.
No surprises that his company over 100 years later is still funding endeavours that have the intention of allowing a select few to steal something that belongs to the people so they can then sell it back to the people for huge profit.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Every cloud and all that.

If anything 'we' came out on top...

032514c8-4710-11e8-8c77-ff51caedcde6.jpeg

... For an incredibly disappointing 34 seconds.

But that's not my problem. :thumbsup: :lolol:

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Didn't he play rugby for Wales or ride horses or somesuch? Or is Piers real first name not Piers? I see him as a Jason.

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
I know it was about Goldman Sachs, not JP Morgan, but that Rolling Stone quote deserves repeating here:

“The world's most powerful investment bank is a great vampire squid wrapped around the face of humanity, relentlessly jamming its blood funnel into anything that smells like money.”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
JPM are just a business, and like many others would put offers on the table if they could own a piece of a football (soccer) competition. They broke no rules and betrayed no trust.

The clubs that actively moved heaven and earth, made clandestine contracts behind the backs of other PL clubs, their own fans, tarnish their history and actively sought to keep the game “a closed shop” are the ones most culpable by far.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here