Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Josh Robertson - singed 3.5 year deal

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Trying to do a rudimentary bit of research into this lad, got a little confusing for a bit, until I realised that both Sunderland AND Scunthorpe each have an attacking midfielder called Josh Robertson, born within a few months of each other in 2005...

Also not helped by the fact that Sunderland's official site actually shows their Robertson ..... with the birthdate of Scunthorpe's Robertson! (Clearly their data comes from some central database which is pulling the wrong info).

AZ Gull

Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ

Post 2937 onwards.
OH MY GOD - a club's fans forum with a thread on the U-18s that has had over 3,000 posts from multiple posters in less than 18 months! :ohmy: :drool:

If I die can I be reincarnated as a Mackem?

The Optimist

NSC Patron
Apr 6, 2008
Lewisham
But this is how we have acquired our best players ever. Mac Allister signed and loaned back to South American club, Caicedo signed and loaned out, Mitoma signed and loaned out, Bissouma signed not loaned out but took a few years to become good, Ben White came through the youth team etc. This is how we do business and it’s f***ing genius compared to how other clubs operate. #keepthefaith

Edit: the above was supposed to quote someone else’s comment, but after a beer, 1/2 bottle of red, two small ports and two margheritas my posting skills are failing me.

AZ Gull

Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
The website reports that he has signed a three-and-a-half year deal. As I understand it, a scholar cannot sign a professional contract that is longer than three years, so technically I think he will initially sign as a scholar and then a three-year professional contract will kick in in the summer.

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
We seem to have signed lots of outstanding young players in last few years from English clubs. Have any of them made good progress

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Some of the players we sign are recruited for their potential and not necessarily as future first team players. If we can make a few hundred grand on a player over a couple of years then it has been a good investment, subsidising the ones who fall by the wayside.

We are going to storm the EFL Trophy next season

phoenix

May 18, 2009
We seem to have signed lots of outstanding young players in last few years from English clubs. Have any of them made good progress
Which players are you referring to ?

AlbionBro

Jun 6, 2020
Another 18 year old attacking midfielder is just what we need
I think the only way we will keep on the Euro scene is to invest wisely and develop it.
If Roberto doesn't like the business plan he will have to move on, we of course could give him the freedom of the city.....if he wants it!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here