[Albion] Jose Izquierdo - released by the Albion

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
He hasn’t played first team football yet since coming back - he’s not worth much at the moment as an asset as nobody will pay out for him until he proves fitness - give him a chance.

We can't afford to 'give him a chance' - we need our strongest possible team for every game. If he plays some full games for the U23s and sets the EPL2 alight, then could be on the bench right at the end of the season. No sign of him doing that so far.
If he's still under contract to us next season, and fit, maybe we can loan him out (I doubt if anybody will buy because of his injury).

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
We can't afford to 'give him a chance' - we need our strongest possible team for every game. If he plays some full games for the U23s and sets the EPL2 alight, then could be on the bench right at the end of the season. No sign of him doing that so far.
If he's still under contract to us next season, and fit, maybe we can loan him out (I doubt if anybody will buy because of his injury).

Well obviously he’ll have to earn that chance by showing he’s ready - obviously. Don’t get your post tbh.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
He hasn’t played first team football yet since coming back - he’s not worth much at the moment as an asset as nobody will pay out for him until he proves fitness - give him a chance.

Too many people wanting to trash our players. If he were to come back and be like he was he adds a complete new dimension to the team... a big IF but as you say give him a chance. I guess the £67m loss means no one coming in so what would be the point of selling him (or just letting him go) has to be worth a gamble . As others have said the people who make decisions are in a better place to decide.

durrington gull

Aug 29, 2004
Worthing

Loan out

elwheelio

Amateur Sleuth
Jan 24, 2006
Brighton
It must be lovely for Izzy just to be involved. Good luck to him, I hope he gets some minutes. It's a shame we can't all be there to give him the welcome he deserves.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
My eyes at the Amex say he’s there today which is interesting - with the squad. Not sure he’ll be in the squad as hasn’t played much but hopefully it’s near....

The NSC poster with the best sources. Well played! [emoji106]

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
Really really pleased for Izzy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
Assuming his bench appearance means the coaches are confident he's now fit enough to play some minutes and genuinely make an impact it will feel like a new signing. So pleased to see him back. Hopefully he gets some time on the pitch in the new few games.

Next up, the return of Andone!

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Assuming his bench appearance means the coaches are confident he's now fit enough to play some minutes and genuinely make an impact it will feel like a new signing. So pleased to see him back. Hopefully he gets some time on the pitch.

Definitely.

Looking back, I think Potter saw a weakness at right back for Spurs with Serge Aurier kicked out. I think pace and directness on the left could have worked well for us if needed.

However, once the game started, Potter had too many other weaknesses in the Spurs side to worry about.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports