Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Jose Izquierdo - released by the Albion

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
Would've been noticed during the various action shots if he'd be involved with first team squad training, I think.

Yeh the club would have made a point of showing it. Now there are friendly games coming there will be press conferences. Likely GP will be asked.

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
In case he breaks down again?, may not be the only reason but if it was just our normal U23's why black it out at all?

Even then I’m not sure why we would try and keep it a secret. I have no idea why it wasn’t reported on, I assume it was just a training match so club deemed it not worthwhile covering.

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
Izzy just posted an instragram video where he's looking at some new football boots in a blue coloured changing room. Could he be at Lancing or Amex?

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Great option off the bench to rough up a tiring FB, if he can get fit of course.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
He scored, in my opinion, our two best goals that season.

He scored that screamer against West Ham at the Amex, then went one better at Stoke. Those of us behind the goal witnessed a superb goal.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Get him fit, ish, a few cameo's and sell. . . . . Or eases himself into match day squad and breaks down again after 10 games, scrap.

I hope I'm wrong, but He's a bit Steve Penney IMO. Career highlight being that goal against East Laandan Sham

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
He scored, in my opinion, our two best goals that season.

He scored that screamer against West Ham at the Amex, then went one better at Stoke. Those of us behind the goal witnessed a superb goal.

That goal at Stoke was our best in the Prem.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
That sounds encouraging, must confess I’d given up on him. Hope he hasn’t lost his pace, looking forward to seeing him again,

Mixed messages for me. If he was very close, they’d be a date on it.

“Quizzed about how he currently feels and if he has any set dates to return to playing, Izquierdo says he still can’t answer that.”

Also, if he has lost his pace, he’s lost his place as far as I’m concerned which is sad because he comes across as a great guy.

Worthing exile

May 12, 2009
I suspect we wont have 25 players to name so I would include him but put him in the U23s and league cup until match fit

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here