Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Jose Izquierdo - released by the Albion

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
If you hadn’t noticed we are hardly blessed with pace up top and you want to bin one our fastest wingers???

I agree.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
If you hadn’t noticed we are hardly blessed with pace up top and you want to bin one our fastest wingers???

we have some pace, on the bench and in the starting line up . . . . personally I think Izzys career is over at this level if not any level. add to that the fact GP doesn't play with wingers . . .

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS

WAS one of our fastest wingers. Unfortunately this has LuaLua mk2 all over it

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
Love Izzy, he could thrive under GP. Not to mention that all of our attacking midfielders seem happier on the right; March has played on the left a lot so is comfortable there but only Izquierdo has looked truly exciting on the left in our Premier league era, and maybe going all the way back to Lua Lua and Noone. Its a gap in our squad that a fully fit Jose can fill. Here's hoping

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
Love Izzy, he could thrive under GP. Not to mention that all of our attacking midfielders seem happier on the right; March has played on the left a lot so is comfortable there but only Izquierdo has looked truly exciting on the left in our Premier league era, and maybe going all the way back to Lua Lua and Noone. Its a gap in our squad that a fully fit Jose can fill. Here's hoping

Personally I think the idea that he'll come back and fit and firing in the last year of his contract and go on to displace Trossard, Alexis, Solly etc and make a real different for us on the left wing is fanciful. I'd love to be wrong

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
P7ersonally I think the idea that he'll come back and fit and firing in the last year of his contract and go on to displace Trossard, Alexis, Solly etc and make a real different for us on the left wing is fanciful. I'd love to be wrong

I can't disagree with that, but we know the kid always worked hard, loved his football and I come back to the point that in three seasons of Premier league football he had been the only player to do truly exciting things on the left side. Trossard has seemed pretty anonymous when he plays out there, does much better when more central or on right.

The big unknown, of course, is whether he has fully recovered or not.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
Daniel James did okay under Potter?

We play with inside forwards some of the time. You can imagine a front 3 of

--------Maupay
Izquierdo -- Lallana

However, there is huge competition for these places in behind a striker (Trossard, Alexis, Mooy, Gross, Solly, Ali J plus anyone else we sign or promote from the academy) and we certainly won't be playing this system all of the time, less likely still if we sign a new striker. To get anywhere near this slot, Jose would have to get himself 100% fit and if we're honest, there are more technical footballers competing with him, so he'd have to get 100% of his pace back.

The only other possibility is some sort of mid career conversion to left wing back.

I can't really see either if I'm honest

Jimmehh

Mar 21, 2016
Sussex by the Sea
Posts on FB indicate he is back in Brighton for the resumption of training tomorrow.

Will he be doing the full training?

Potter has not had a chance to take a close look at him, his 1st season form would surely earn him a squad place if he has the same attributes?

He is 100% back in Brighton as he was spotted at a cocktail bar on Saturday night in the city.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
He is 100% back in Brighton as he was spotted at a cocktail bar on Saturday night in the city.

Think I picked the wrong Monday for the training return though giving him one week to party and acclimatise.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Personally I think the idea that he'll come back and fit and firing in the last year of his contract and go on to displace Trossard, Alexis, Solly etc and make a real different for us on the left wing is fanciful. I'd love to be wrong
Danny Ings was out for 2 seasons for an injury example. A fit and firing Izzy would be a great addition.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here