Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] José Cifuentes Ecuadorian midfielder

The Fifth Column

Retired ex-cop
Nov 30, 2010
Escaped from Corruption
We must be getting to be one of the most popular clubs in Ecuador at this rate. Cifuentes has had a good season at LAFC and would fit perfectly into the Albion system. You'd think with our sizeable Ecuadorian contingent we would be favourites over Valladolid?

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
We must be getting to be one of the most popular clubs in Ecuador at this rate. Cifuentes has had a good season at LAFC and would fit perfectly into the Albion system. You'd think with our sizeable Ecuadorian contingent we would be favourites over Valladolid?
The guy who did the grouting at the Estadio Jose Zorrilla reckons their shithouse

SeagullsoverLondon

NSC Patron
Jun 20, 2021
Is this just a He's Ecuadorian, therefore Brighton must want him, in the same way we have Tross, Moises etc so they must be off to Chelsea. It might be true I guess, given he's not a 20 goal a season striker.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I’ve watched a few recent LAFC games, and have been underwhelmed with Cifuentes. Certainly not close to improving what we have.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Is this just a He's Ecuadorian, therefore Brighton must want him, in the same way we have Tross, Moises etc so they must be off to Chelsea. It might be true I guess, given he's not a 20 goal a season striker.
I really doubt that. There has been a lot written our interest with him, the fact that he seems to hang round with Perv and Caicedo on international duty might make him more likely to come here but when you look at his game and check out his showreels, you’ll see that we’d be getting a perfect Biss replacement and back-up for Caicedo for about £6m.

Yes Mwepu was a box to box player but this guy has the energy, pace, power, acceleration and tackling ability to do that deep lying breaking of opposition play in a double pivot with a playmaker like Mac, Gilmour, Lallana, Groß or Alzate. I think we fancied Mwepu further up the pitch as he had a knack of producing a world class touch, goal or assist. I’m sure this guy would play further back in De Zerbi’s system.

If we could get him and Facundo in for less than Potter’s compensation fee, we really are dong well.

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
I really doubt that. There has been a lot written our interest with him, the fact that he seems to hang round with Perv and Caicedo on international duty might make him more likely to come here but when you look at his game and check out his showreels, you’ll see that we’d be getting a perfect Biss replacement and back-up for Caicedo for about £6m.

Yes Mwepu was a box to box player but this guy has the energy, pace, power, acceleration and tackling ability to do that deep lying breaking of opposition play in a double pivot with a playmaker like Mac, Gilmour, Lallana, Groß or Alzate. I think we fancied Mwepu further up the pitch as he had a knack of producing a world class touch, goal or assist. I’m sure this guy would play further back in De Zerbi’s system.

If we could get him and Facundo in for less than Potter’s compensation fee, we really are dong well.
Alzate? Be surprised if we see him in an Albion shirt again.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
I always thought Gilmour was cover for Lallana but what do I know???
I see Gilmour as cover for Mac (deep lying playmaker in a double pivot), Alzate as Lallana’s replacement when he retires and this new guy as a back-up to Caicedo if we get him.

I suppose players like Mac, Groß and Lallana can play the attacking/No.10 playmaker or the deep lying one though. Gilmour has always been pretty deep when I’ve seen him play. We’ll find out where De Zerbi sees him tomorrow when he‘ll surely get a start?

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
If Cifuentes comes where does that leave Maycon - currently on loan with Corinthians from Shakhtar Donetsk - and a rumoured target for a reunion with RDZ

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here