Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Very sad, prime of life too :down: RIP

Knocky's Nose

Mon nez est en Valenciennes..
May 7, 2017
Eastbourne
Sad indeed.

So many people die before their time. Some hit the headlines because they were in the public eye, some pass away unnoticed to everyone apart from their loved ones as they were just 'normal people' - but it's always a tragedy when it's before their three score and ten.

What his family can be thankful for is the wonderful life he must have had. He did what he loved, lived a great life and packed more into his 35 years than most of us will do in 85.

RIP Reyes, and anyone else who has died young.

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
Blimey. Shocking. Was amazing in the Invincibles

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
RIP, way too young!

DavidRyder

Jul 23, 2013
We were next to the Sevilla dugout for the Amex game. My standout memory was of Jose’s head wound being stapled after the clash, and his team mates laughing at him as he winced with the pain. Really sad news.

lindfieldgull

Dec 15, 2009
Very sad but according to the BBC website he was driving at 120 mph so perhaps it was only a matter of time before he had an accident.

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
Very sad but according to the BBC website he was driving at 120 mph so perhaps it was only a matter of time before he had an accident.
Yep, sounds like it. Just because he was a talented footballer shouldn't mean we excuse such reckless behaviour nor the fact that he killed two others. Fortunate that he didn't kill other road users too.

120mph ffs on a 70 limit. Dont get the sympathy for him at all.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
Saw his debut for Arsenal on Sunday 1st February 2004.

He was very highly-rated and when he came on, Highbury gave him a tremendous welcome. What a team he came into attacking-wise - Bergkamp, Ljungberg, Pires, Vieira, Henry etc. He never really settled as he found the weather and conditions difficult but still showed some real talent.

RIP Jose. :down:

Found the programme from that debut game against Manchester City.

There's a picture of Jose Antonio Reyes on the front, smiling, excited but looking nervous - perfectly understandable. Inside there's a huge interview with him.

Hard to believe it's over 15 years ago and he was aged just 20.

Would I cash in that programme for money? Never. There are some things in life that are far more important than that. It's a treasured possession.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Yep, sounds like it. Just because he was a talented footballer shouldn't mean we excuse such reckless behaviour nor the fact that he killed two others. Fortunate that he didn't kill other road users too.

120mph ffs on a 70 limit. Dont get the sympathy for him at all.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Just read that. 120mph. Stuff him.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
D12B3CFA-C94D-4170-92A7-1C397A41E086.png

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I read somewhere that the car he was driving hadn't been used for a few months (as he has several), hence the tyre pressures were off whack. He had a blowout and ploughed into some concrete blocks alongside the road. At that kind of speed, absolutely no chance of maintaining any control whatsoever. Just fortunate he didn't take out any other vehicles.

A tragic waste of two lives by an act of idiotic recklessness.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here