Jordan Rhodes spotted in Brighton

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
I'd be surprised TBH... thought we would go for a player experienced at (at least) Champ level for our 'forward with presence'...

Rich Suvner

Skint years RIP
Jul 17, 2003
Worthing
Constantly banging on about our number of season tickets is actually something that makes us sound a little 'new money' imho. It's a measure of renewal for sure, but it is not an indicator that we are any bigger than many other clubs in this division.

staben94

Jun 11, 2012
Greenwich/Hastings
I would literally be over the moon if we were able to capture such a prolific and brilliant player. It'll be such a huge blow to the budget, but it would improve the squad altogether. I just hope this isn't just porky pies, otherwise it's going to make a lot of people disappointed with the false rumours.

Also, as Emile Heskey is a free contract, I would be proud to have him join us. Yeah, he may not score a lot, he's a slow player, but what if he was used as a target man, to support CMS and then we could really see more goals from CMS.

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
Signed for £5m I've been told from reliable source....class act he's got everything, line up getting serious now

JetsetJimbo

Jun 13, 2011
I'd be quite happy if it was true, but it doesn't seem to add up for me. The price tag seems quite high, would we really spend that much on a League 1 striker after CMS didn't work out quite as well as we hoped (I'm a big fan of CMS's, but let's be honest, we were all hoping he'd get ten-or-so more goals than he did last season).

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
If there's any truth in any of this its more likely to go to Reading imo but if a deal is being put together with us wouldn't be surprised if he becomes affordable with CMS going the other way, not Hoskins because Rhodes isn't the player we need to play with CMS and therefore he'd become expendable but I think that's bollox too because we'd be replacing one former league 1 striker whose only half proved himself at championship level with one that hasn't proved himself at all!!

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
I really can't see us spending £5 million on any one player, far less a prolific lower league one with no higher experience yet.

Silk

May 4, 2012
Uckfield
I imagine if we do pay £5 million for Rhodes, that's our budget gone, and we still need a midfielder of the McCann type. So I have my doubts.

seagullfromamex

Apr 6, 2012
This is what soccer sauce says ( people who got Bridge rumour first):

We are hearing tonight that Jordan Rhodes could become the latest marquee signing at Brighton next week for £5m #BHAFC #SEAGULLS #HTFC

Craig4004

Aug 30, 2011
Peacehaven
It is a Sunday evening and Babestation is slow tonight...

Nope, me too. Ridiculous amount for a league one player. Should be a good Prem player or very good Champ player to command that fee.

This. The lad definately has potential and I'm sure will go far. But... £5M and more than likely our budget gone, on a player that has never played above leauge 1. That's too bigger risk in my eyes. In Gus we trust and all that...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports