Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Jordan Rhodes, Qualifying to play for Scotland..

Bazzza67

Feb 6, 2011
Brighton, UK
Just been listening to the sports bulletin on 5Live...

Apparently Jordan Rhodes qualifies to play for Scotland, because he went to school there for over 5 years...laugh, I've just spat my cup of tea out down my shirt!

What loose links do other members have to Scotland?

:lol:

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
If he literally went to school there for about 5 years and then left again, that is taking the piss a bit - but that residency period has always been there! It's what tends to be the case when you randomly see Brazilian names pop up in middle-eastern/eastern-european/far-eastern national teams.

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
Well I've lived in Wales for ten years so can I play for them? (Assuming being 46 and shit at football isn't a barrier).

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
My second wife's first husband's great great grandfather came from Glasgow..................do I qualify? It's got to be as justifiable as Rhodes. :glare:

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Sadly I went to school in England so qualify for them

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
What loose links do other members have to Scotland?

:lol:

My Granny used to go to Mull quite regularly, and I seem to recall she had a tartan blanket that she used to put over her knees in winter.

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
Well I've lived in Wales for ten years so can I play for them? (Assuming being 46 and shit at football isn't a barrier).

Compulsary I would have thought.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Also, I once bought some Edinburgh Castle Rock (nasty chalky stuff, not proper Brighton rock), and I spent at least an hour in Jedburgh. Or it might have been Hawick.

the wanderbus

Dec 7, 2004
pogle's wood

Being 46 might be a problem but being shit at football has never stopped anyone playing for Wales.

seagullondon

Mar 15, 2011
I once met Mark Mcghee and had him sign a piece of paper for me. I managed to get it copied and put on my birth certificate. I am hoping to make my scottish debut in the World Cup qualifiers.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
(genuinely) I was at the Cardiff City stadium, for work, this afternoon, where they are busy preparing for this weekend's Wales v Norway fixture. I needed a piss, and found that the home dressing room was open, so availed of the loos in there. This surely qualifies me for Wales?

seagullondon

Mar 15, 2011
(genuinely) I was at the Cardiff City stadium, for work, this afternoon, where they are busy preparing for this weekend's Wales v Norway fixture. I needed a piss, and found that the home dressing room was open, so availed of the loos in there. This surely qualifies me for Wales?

sea sea seasiders. :sheep:

don't report me :moo:

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
(Quote) What loose links do other members have to Scotland?(Quote)

I`m as mean as arseholes................Can I get a game ?

ferring seagull

Dec 30, 2010
Look at least one of the guys who is going (perhaps) to be turning out for England on Thursday and you will soon recognise that it is a 'minefield' with countries anxious to knobble certain players just in case they might be useful in the future.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here