Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Jordan Henderson

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Surely it is now time, just to name the captain on a match by match basis with the player with the most caps in the starting XI being captain for that game.

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton
Thank God for that. Perhaps big Sam was using NSC as a barometer of opinion before deciding against Henderson? 😁

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014
I'd have Henderson as captain over Rooney. But then again, Allardyce has done nothing of note differently from every manager we've had this century up to this point, so it's no surprised Rooney is being kept on.

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field
I'd have Henderson as captain over Rooney. But then again, Allardyce has done nothing of note differently from every manager we've had this century up to this point, so it's no surprised Rooney is being kept on.

Henderson shouldn't be anywhere near the squad, let alone the starting XI and certainly not the captaincy. If Sam wanted to do something different and look to the future, Dier would have been a good choice.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Someone should have question where the OP heard this 'fact' :lol: Did think it was weird as I heard it was due to be Rooney. Happy with that I think Rooney is maturing a bit.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Where on earth do these rumours come from? Or rather, why on earth do people make up this rubbish?

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
I'd have Henderson as captain over Rooney.

at least Rooney is a leader, may not be the player he was. someone mention Dier which is a good shout, but... still not sure. its a sad state of affairs that there isnt half a dozen solid captains.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Hmmm......Henderson, a hated scouser (not really, he just happens to play for Liverpool FC) is nominated by prehistoric dinosaur (long ball and up-and-at-em only plan) manager Allardyce as England's captain.........and meltdown ensues, only to turn out to be a hoax.

Whoosh of the year, so far, I would say!

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I've worked this rumour out.

Let slip it's Henderson, allow a couple of hours of meltdown.
Then announce Rooney and everybody is instantly happy with a decision that would have caused a meltdown 2 hours earlier.

Simples.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
I don't think Rooney is that bad. If you go through that team I'm not sure who else you'd pick, Cahill? bit of a donkey...... Hart? Liability.

What are the alternatives?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here