Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Jordan Henderson - Saudi move not about the money

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
It’s not as bad clearly but from a human rights viewpoint it’s not a lot better . Miss a mortgage payment or bounce a cheque and it’s prison . Don’t be fooled by the nice hotels.
Is missing payments "human rights"? I am not fooled by nice hotels - I have no interest. I don't know a lot about Dubai - but I read what goes on in Saudi regarding executions and prison terms and the way they have exported their version of Islam. I would rather have nothing to do with it. Dubai may be different from us but they aint Saudi Arabia.

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
It’s a bit hypocritical to pretend to be LGBTQ+ friendly, celebrate pride month - yet decide to take the team to a place that don’t hold those same values.

Would they take the women’s team there for a camp for example? I know England did (once)
We can all be hypocritical - but I don't see a training camp in Dubai the same as taking the Saudi Blood money. If you do - fair enough. This is a free country.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
We can all be hypocritical - but I don't see a training camp in Dubai the same as taking the Saudi Blood money. If you do - fair enough. This is a free country.

Spending large sums of money to spend a week there is ok. But not taking it. Got it.

Hopefully any LGBTQ+ players or support staff at least had the option not to have to go somewhere they could be arrested (if you believe the doom mongers)

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
"But that Money wasn't the sole reason"
but a major factor though eh....

To late fella, we know the real reason.
I can't actually think of one other reason you might go there?!

The football traditions? 🤣

The weather? Certainly not to play football in.

The culture and politics of the country? Err...

I mean it's absolutely laughable that he thinks anyone in their right mind would believe a statement like that. What world does he live in?

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
Of course, it's every players' dream to 'grow the game' in other countries, which is exactly why so many players have been moving to the Kyrgyzstan and Togolese Premier Leagues recently.

What a wanker. Should never play for England again, but obviously will under the beaky gormo.
You nailed it.
Stop digging Jordan.

We already knew you were a hypocrite. Now we know you're a lying hypocrite, which makes you an utter wanker in my eyes.
You nailed it too.

He's the footballing equivalent of Johnson. The lying limelight loving prat.

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
Henderson: It’s hard to know what the reality is and what’s not true. Because you hear about stuff and you’re like, “Is that true?” But when you speak to people who are close to me and have had experiences over in Saudi or over in the Middle East, it’s like, “Well, actually, that’s not the same.”

A perfect example would be before Qatar. We had a meeting with the FA about human rights, about the issues around the stadiums. I think it might have been Amnesty who had sent the images and stuff. And then, half an hour later, I go into a press conference or some media and I’ve commented on that situation. I was like, “Well, it was quite shocking and horrendous” and that was quite hard for us to see. But then when I went to Qatar and we had the experience we had at the World Cup, you get to meet the workers there and it was totally different.

Christ almighty

Mike Small

Dec 26, 2008
He's tarnished his reputation big time. His justification today reads like a load of bollocks. The only way he could justify the move was if he was sending some of his massive salary to LGBT+ charities/communities. That would sit better - channelling the blood/oil money for disadvantaged causes.

Littlemo

Aug 25, 2022
I find the LGBT+ criticism a bit hypocritical. Nobody would have batted an eyelid if he’d gone to finish his career in say, the US.

US citizens who are a part of that community often can’t live freely, they still live in fear of being outed. There may be laws to protect them and it’s not (yet) illegal but it’s easily conceivable that crimes against them go unpunished. It’s fine though, because they retain a facade of respectability by being Western and majority white Christian.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I assume this is already on here, but couldn't see it:

jonny.rainbow

Oct 29, 2005
I find the LGBT+ criticism a bit hypocritical. Nobody would have batted an eyelid if he’d gone to finish his career in say, the US.

US citizens who are a part of that community often can’t live freely, they still live in fear of being outed. There may be laws to protect them and it’s not (yet) illegal but it’s easily conceivable that crimes against them go unpunished. It’s fine though, because they retain a facade of respectability by being Western and majority white Christian.

Has the USA government executed anyone in the past four years for being gay?

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
He is totally right and you lot are going to end up with egg all over your faces.

I expect to see an improvement in the Saudis' human rights record within a couple of months of Jordan landing.

Attitudes to woman and gay people even sooner.

Great job to our selfless hero.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
What a TOOL.

Henderson: People will see this club come with loads of money and he’s just gone, “Yeah, I’m going.” When in reality that just wasn’t the case at all. People can believe me or not, but in my life and my career, money has never been a motivation. Ever. Don’t get me wrong, when you move, the business deal has to be tight. You have to have financials, you have to feel wanted, you have to feel valued. And money is a part of that. But that wasn’t the sole reason. And these possibilities came up before money was even mentioned.

Melania Trump: People will see this bloke come with loads of money and she’s just gone, “Yeah, I’m going.” When in reality that just wasn’t the case at all. People can believe me or not, but in my personal life and my career, money has never been a motivation. Ever. Don’t get me wrong, when you move in with a hideous old bastard, the business deal has to be tight. You have to have financials, you have to feel wanted, you have to feel valued. And money is a part of that. But that wasn’t the sole reason. And these possibilities came up before money was even mentioned.

A couple of words changed and you get a deluded lying trollop.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I always believed him to be an exemplary professional footballer and led the Premier League very well as spokesmen during covid.

Clearly my belief was entirely wrong given recent events, what an odious fuckwit of the highest order in fact that's tame he really is a CAUC of the highest order.

Last edited:

Littlemo

Aug 25, 2022

Has the USA government executed anyone in the past four years for being gay?
Why is it only the government that matters when we are deciding who is and isn’t morally acceptable? Don’t get me wrong, I don’t think Saudi are in anyway, but we should be recognising when others truly aren’t either.

Violent crime against LGBTQ+ is rising as per the stats ACLED and we know that the USA is a place where these things spill into deaths. See the shooting at the rally for instance. When the law isn’t upheld and the police aren’t trusted then the laws are pointless Reuters

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I’m always amazed Brighton got away with their winter training camp in Dubai. Or is it double standards ?
We are paying them for some warm weather training, rather than receiving billions for promoting their barbarism.

That said.....they could of gone to somewhere nice in England, like Whitstable, or Birchington.

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
A couple of years in the desert for a few million quid?
Yeah, I would...

And, let's be honest, who wouldn't?

Yep, I'd bugger off for 10x my salary especially at the end of my career because I have massive double standards. That said, I'd say "I'm going for the cash" rather than "I love the desert" "I'm going here because It's a great standard" and "I can help change things" I've never read an interview with so many contradictions in it. I can't work out if he is trying to convince himself or thinks we are all as thick as he is.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here