Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Jonny Evans

Super Sub

Aug 13, 2016
With us still looking vulnerable at the back and a little light in numbers, i wonder if it may be worth a punt on this guy for a season. He is a very good player/leader as i'm sure most will agree and has an abundance of experience both home and abroad. Looks like Man U might not extend his short term contract either.
Its a yes from me, if only for a season as back up

Super Sub

Aug 13, 2016
We have a currently injured Dunk, an injury prone Webster, an untested Igor and a young JPVH currently. Imho we still need 1 more centre back and preferably one with experience. Given our budget isn't a bottomless pit, i wonder who others think would be more appropriate on a free transfer?
RDZ still looks to be wanting Colwill and so that suggests he thinks we are light in this position too.

Last edited:

Oh_aye

Jul 8, 2022
We have a currently injured Dunk, an injury prone Webster, an untested Igor and a young JPVH currently. Imho we still need 1 more centre back and preferably one with experience. Given our budget isn't a bottomless pit, i wounder who others think would be more appropriate on a free transfer?
It needing to be a free transfer is a completely artificial criteria. You may as well say can anyone think of a more appropriate solution where the person has the initials JE.

If we need another one, we could just buy or loan a good one rather than an even more perma injured old washout because he happens to be free.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
We have a currently injured Dunk, an injury prone Webster, an untested Igor and a young JPVH currently. Imho we still need 1 more centre back and preferably one with experience. Given our budget isn't a bottomless pit, i wounder who others think would be more appropriate on a free transfer?
It's like the ghost of Ben's Grandad (RIP) has logged on to NSC from above.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
It needing to be a free transfer is a completely artificial criteria. You may as well say can anyone think of a more appropriate solution where the person has the initials JE.
John Egan.

A mex eyecan

Nov 3, 2011

If we need another one, we could just buy or loan a good one rather than an even more perma injured old washout because he happens to be free.
maybe John Terry fancies a stint …

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
We have a currently injured Dunk, an injury prone Webster, an untested Igor and a young JPVH currently. Imho we still need 1 more centre back and preferably one with experience. Given our budget isn't a bottomless pit, i wonder who others think would be more appropriate on a free transfer?
RDZ still looks to be wanting Colwill and so that suggests he thinks we are light in this position too.
Agree that we need one more but quality wise that one more shouldn’t be Jonny Evans.

Super Sub

Aug 13, 2016

That is your opinion and you are of course entitled to it. I don't think we should pay a fee for a back up centre half and so am only making the suggestion of free transfer.
Not aimed at you but if someone would offer an alternative rather that just jumping on the piss take bandwagon it would be good to have a decent discussion re this

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012

Julio Enciso. It'd be a bit of a laugh!

Oh_aye

Jul 8, 2022
That is your opinion and you are of course entitled to it. I don't think we should pay a fee for a back up centre half and so am only making the suggestion of free transfer.
Not aimed at you but if someone would offer an alternative rather that just jumping on the piss take bandwagon it would be good to have a decent discussion re this
OK, message recieved and understood. And no mucking about now RE: serious discussion. I'd go for Franco Baresi.

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
Any thoughts on who Tom?
In an ideal world we get Colwill. Outside of that I don’t know who fits the specific criteria we need in terms of a centre back who’s comfortable with the ball at his feet and making those forward passes. Centre back is an essential position with RDZ’s plan. Evans is well past his best and not the type we need. If we get another who’s not Colwill I would guess an unknown from a South American or Scandi league gets selected.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here