Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Jonathan pierce.... Did he really say that?

Kazenga <3

Test 805843
Feb 28, 2010
Team c/r HQ
Attended an U16s game which I was reffing. Constant abuse from the man because I sent off who I am guessing is his kid (surname Pearce was a hint) because he denied an obvious goal scoring opportunity and called me a ****!

He expressed his disapproval at the end and he got reported to county FA as well as his kid (twice!).

Bit of a knob if you ask me!

Was it Jonathon Pierce or Nigel Pearce? Both work for Hassocks, not sure if Jonathon's son is old enough for u16s? Nigel has two sons who are both older than 16 and play for Hassocks so more likely to be one of them?

Philzo-93

Jan 17, 2009
North Stand
Was it Jonathon Pierce or Nigel Pearce? Both work for Hassocks, not sure if Jonathon's son is old enough for u16s? Nigel has two sons who are both older than 16 and play for Hassocks so more likely to be one of them?

I do know Nigel very well, he currently manages Hassocks Football Club's youth team. Not Hassocks Juniors U16. I do not know if that was his son all I remember was his name was definitely Pearce (not Nigel's, definitely not).

Oh and it is Jonathan Pearce. Not Pierce!

I like Pearce, but he was VERY anti-Razor on Robot Wars. Razor was the FINEST creation, the only problem was the occasional reliability flaw. But what a FLAIR robot that was, seriously. I liked Hypnodisc, and 101. Not to mention Tornado and Chaos 2, but Pearce always seemed against Razor.

200px-Razer_001.jpg

Ruddy well loved Razor as a kid growing up watching this. As you say utterly FLAIR, especially after the addition of the srimech wings on the side that just made it look badass. First ever World Champion and then went on to retain it the second time round as well!!

Wasn't there one made by some engineering students who used to turn up each year after spending about £30k on the thing. They had all these fancy control-holder things, yet they always bombed out early.

I assume Hynodisc smashed Chaos 2? I remember Panic Attack winning and just not being sure how. It just PUSHED.

Yep, that would be Mortis. The guys were from Oxford if I remember corectly, and as you say something always went wrong techinically that meant it failed early on whenever it appeared.

Panic Attack won series 2, and back then very few robots bar "Cassius" (fantastic machine and probably should have won that series) had any sort of lifting arm/srimech, therefore being able to push and lift with those prongs gave Panic Attack a huge advantage!

I did used to get unusually angry at 'Gemini'. It was just two robots who started back to back and then split. Complete CHEATERY.

Thing is it never did well because of a great little rule that was invented because of it's uniqueness - if one of the bots became immobilised they were both deemed out. Something always went wrong with one, and alas it never did well.

Am sure there was at least one Brighton based team at some point during the show's run. Anyone remember who it was 'cos I haven;t the foggiest tbh?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here