Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Jonathan Pearce

david

Feb 5, 2004
London
Don't know if this is old news, but whilst reading the Small Talk interview with Jonathan Pearce on The Guardian's football site, he mentions he lives in Brighton.

He must keep a hell of a low profile, as I've never seen his name in connection with the town, nor have I seen him ever give any comment about the Albion.

Considering The Argus flogs to death just about any tenuous connection Brighton has to do with a celebrity (think one-time Bill character Detective Burnside), wouldn't an interview with one of Britain's top football pundits about Falmer etc be perfect publicity?

Failing that he could always ask him to do the Fans Phone-in if Harty really does decide enough is enough.

SussexSpur

Jan 24, 2004
Finchley
Annoying, annoying tosser.
Bristol City fan.
Til he commentates on any London club and suddenly he's their biggest devotee.
Also, seems to have encouraged wannabe "yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhh! Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrssssssssssssssssssseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeennnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaalllllllllllllllllll hhhhhhhhhhhhaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaavvvvvvvvvvvvvveeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee sssssssssssssssssssssccccccccccccccooooooooooooooooorrrrrrrrrrrrrreeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeddddddddddddddddddd!" mentality among radio copycats. Can't listen to 'em, too infuriating. :(

Bigtomfu

Jul 25, 2003
Harrow
surely thats better than the depressing alternative that is john motson on the radio with his infuriating and nailing little anecdotes and quizicle laugh.
"and, er, incidentally Trevor(Brooking) i think you will find that it's pronounced Flu (Jostein Flo ex Sheff Utd V Man Utd in the facup...)i spoke to someone who vaguely knows norweigan and he assures me that thats how its said...zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzgoalzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz!!!!!!!!!!!!

albiongirl

Jul 10, 2003
mileoak
He mentioned us on his footy show when the news about the inspector first broke.

Sorrel

Jul 5, 2003
Back in East Sussex
He's a Bristol City fan, AFAIK. He certainly always goes on about them.

He's only annoying when he's on channel five, and he had to be like that on there. They all have it written into their contracts.

Hiney

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Penrose, Cornwall
Pearce is brilliant because he acts like a fan, even when he's on the radio. When he commentates on England he goes f***ing mental when we score.

He's the best presenter of 606 since Danny Baker because he likes the sound of the caller's voices more than his own, unlike many of the previous encumbents (esp David Mellor) and respects the views of the fans, instead of cutting them off when he feels like it.

BTW SussexSpur, I think Pearce was the second person to use the 'Mentalist' approach to commentary. Who can forget:

"SSSSSSTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOORRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRREEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!! back in 1997

Marvellous scenes

:clap2:

Ex Shelton Seagull

Jul 7, 2003
Block G, Row F, Seat 175
I think the most mental Pearce has ever gone was during the England 4 - Holland 1 game at Euro 96. When Sheringham scored he went

AAANNNDDDD IT WAS TEDDDDDDYYYYYYYYY!!!!!
WWHHHOOOOOOOOO WAS READDDDDDYYYYYYY!!!
HEEE TOOOK IT STEADDDDDDDDDYYYYYY!!!!
WITH AAAAAAA DDDRRRRRROOOPPPPP OOOFFFFFF SHERRRRRYYYY!!!

Hiney

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Penrose, Cornwall
Ex Shelton Seagull said:
I think the most mental Pearce has ever gone was during the England 4 - Holland 1 game at Euro 96. When Sheringham scored he went

AAANNNDDDD IT WAS TEDDDDDDYYYYYYYYY!!!!!
WWHHHOOOOOOOOO WAS READDDDDDYYYYYYY!!!
HEEE TOOOK IT STEADDDDDDDDDYYYYYY!!!!
WITH AAAAAAA DDDRRRRRROOOPPPPP OOOFFFFFF SHERRRRRYYYY!!!

Brilliant

:clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here