Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Jonathan Calleri

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
On this transfer :

- A lot of tweets are made up.
- Anything that comes from the agent is suspect.
- A lot of meaning is lost in translation.
- Even good info can be out of date quickly.
- The transfer window for buying by Brazilian clubs doesn't open until January 28th, 4 days before our window shuts - so if there is any info about a move to Brazil it isn't final for now.

Ecosse Exile

May 20, 2009
Alicante, Spain
If 3rd party ownership is banned by the premier league, why were/ are Brighton negotiating to buy 85% of the player?
What happens if we do get promoted and the owner of the other 15% decides they are not selling?

I'm kinda hoping he does go to Atl. Mineiro right now, sounds like a minefield.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
If 3rd party ownership is banned by the premier league, why were/ are Brighton negotiating to buy 85% of the player?
What happens if we do get promoted and the owner of the other 15% decides they are not selling?

Very clever :clap:

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla

That was poor translation, as the 15% referred to a 15% sell-on clause in our offer. ie we had 85% of the future sale value, and 15% stayed with Boca.

So just a sell-on, not 3rd party ownership.

atomised

Mar 21, 2013

But we were negotiating to buy 100% of the player. The 15% mentioned related to a sell on clause and was badly translated. Third party ownership is banned in the UK completely. Not just the premier league. Chances are any deal would involve payment to Boca and the 3rd party

Ecosse Exile

May 20, 2009
Alicante, Spain
Very clever :clap:

Sorry Dazzer, I'm not trying to be clever, it was reported that we had made an offer of $10M USD for 85% of the player, which leaves someone else owning 15%, this is banned by the premier league, but as far as I'm aware not by the football league, so if we get promoted, then what?

Ecosse Exile

May 20, 2009
Alicante, Spain
But we were negotiating to buy 100% of the player. The 15% mentioned related to a sell on clause and was badly translated. Third party ownership is banned in the UK completely. Not just the premier league. Chances are any deal would involve payment to Boca and the 3rd party

Thanks mate, that cleared that up then, so now I want him to sign again :lol: which I doubt he will anyway

atomised

Mar 21, 2013
Sorry Dazzer, I'm not trying to be clever, it was reported that we had made an offer of $10M USD for 85% of the player, which leaves someone else owning 15%, this is banned by the premier league, but as far as I'm aware not by the football league, so if we get promoted, then what?

As explained above. Third party ownership banned in uk full stop and bid would not have just been for the 85%

You beat me to it. Sorry

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

No, not that....'minefield'.......Mineiro.....'the miners'........:D

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Well he has left Boca now, no twitter accounts have a real clue where he is going, although Sao Paulo mentioned a lot.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here