Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Jonathan Calleri

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Ulloa family were still living in Brighton after his move. Not sure if they have relocated but possibly not?

Not that it has any bearing. Also I am sure Leicester would be reluctant to cut us a deal given the amount they paid us for him

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
just got an uncontrolled smile and goosebumps watching that again hehe

He knew he was going to leave, so it's lovely seeing the joy on his face as he scored in front of us. Smashing bloke is Leo. Lots of respect for him.

seagullwedgee

Aug 9, 2005
I'll never forget the time Leonardo turned up heavily hoodied and disguised to watch us play the cup game at Spurs, and once he'd been rumbled our fans did not stop singing WTMFA for the rest of the game, oblivious to what was happening on the pitch!

Urchin

Aug 1, 2011
This has certainly edged back to Off again hasn't it?

I wouldn't say that. Journalists in Argentina say they are expecting news of his future tomorrow, as Boca are waiting for Calleri to go before they can buy a new player.

MF'84

A load of Bolanos
Jul 26, 2012
Derbyshire
We don't need this guy (or Bolanos); my first initial is 'M' and I Iive in Derbyshire - close enough? :thumbsup:

Spending this rumoured amount of cash on any relatively unknown player from another country is just too much of a risk in my opinion. It's different when you're looking at Ulloa or Hemed money, worth a punt.

I'm not suggesting he's neccessarily worth it or we could even get him for 7/8 million but investing in someone like Ross McCormack instead where you pretty much know what you're going to get (and that thing being goals) has got to be a better idea in our position, no?

Urchin

Aug 1, 2011
We don't need this guy (or Bolanos); my first initial is 'M' and I Iive in Derbyshire - close enough? :thumbsup:

Spending this rumoured amount of cash on any relatively unknown player from another country is just too much of a risk in my opinion. It's different when you're looking at Ulloa or Hemed money, worth a punt.

I'm not suggesting he's neccessarily worth it or we could even get him for 7/8 million but investing in someone like Ross McCormack instead where you pretty much know what you're going to get (and that thing being goals) has got to be a better idea in our position, no?

I think it would be pretty easy to get most of the money back for Calleri if it wasn't to work out, but not so easy if it was Bolanos.

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
I wouldn't say that. Journalists in Argentina say they are expecting news of his future tomorrow, as Boca are waiting for Calleri to go before they can buy a new player.

They've already signed his replacement

[tweet]685174301528580097[/tweet]

Urchin

Aug 1, 2011
They've already signed his replacement

[tweet]685174301528580097[/tweet]

They've got someone else coming in as well, reliant on Calleri leaving.

Screen Shot 2016-01-10 at 16.23.27.png

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I'll never forget the time Leonardo turned up heavily hoodied and disguised to watch us play the cup game at Spurs, and once he'd been rumbled our fans did not stop singing WTMFA for the rest of the game, oblivious to what was happening on the pitch!

He was on the same row as me, and not very heavily disguised. He was very happy to have pictures taken with fans.
He's also been to the Amex a couple of times to watch us.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here