Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Jonathan Calleri

thedonkeycentrehalf

Moved back to wear the gloves (again)
Jul 7, 2003
Ardiles and Villa mark II. FA Cup win in a year or two?

Much as I would like this to happen it feels more like Percy Rojas and Juan Carlos Oblitas than Ardiles and Villa (reference for the older people on here)

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I don't think that's possible - it just means we only need to complete the formalities once the window opens.

International clearance? Although that seems to take longer, if a player is coming from Wales, than it does from South America.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ;7113191 said:
This Argentinian journalist says we have someone flying in tomorrow. That it's Barber is just an assumption.

[tweet]654465953682604032[/tweet]

This Twitter account has only about 700 followers (many of whom will no doubt be us lot on NSC). That's a fraction of what someone like Andy Naylor has; in fact it's similar to what Hove Born and Bred has. I really don't think that we should take it seriously.

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
This Twitter account has only about 700 followers (many of whom will no doubt be us lot on NSC). That's a fraction of what someone like Andy Naylor has; in fact it's similar to what Hove Born and Bred has. I really don't think that we should take it seriously.

Andy Naylor is following Hector though!

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Andy Naylor is following Hector though!
I'm not sure that means much; he probably follows anyone with a sniff of a story. He could well be following the Argentinian Timmy.

Am I pissing on everyone's fireworks here?

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
He is Basically Vicente. Similar in style and postions he plays. Sounds like you know a lot already so probably dont need Telling.
Vicente 2 ? :rock: *dreaming*

If so, I actually want this guy to sign more than Calleri.

Both would be fantasy land.

Seriously, we have no hope of getting these 2, do we ???

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
I hand over my shift to BA...so asked the Boca fans about it. General response was Callieri possibly..the other guy no chance till mid 2016.;Seems they have something going on regarding somebodies transfer from Corinthians. Something about govt stopping $ transfers. How much was lost in translation. No idea. They seem to really rate the midfielder. Definite about govt changing some law that is causing them a problem

Last edited:

Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ

Hove / Παρος
Apr 7, 2006
Hove / Παρος

A bit of digging online suggests he's been involved with with the Argentinian TV station Cronica (a major national television news and newspaper) for the past 20 years. So he does sound like a fairly credible source. :shrug:

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
Getting these two makes so much logical sense because we won't have to go through any desperate January transfer business which will also be bliss for the fans.
Unless clubs are trying to sign out gems of course.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ;7113329 said:
A bit of digging online suggests he's been involved with with the Argentinian TV station Cronica (a major national television news and newspaper) for the past 20 years. So he does sound like a fairly credible source. :shrug:

I can believe that this Hector bloke is a genuine and credible journalist; I am just dubious as to whether this Twitter account is actually him. If it was, I'd have thought it'd have 10s of thousands of followers.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
So saying some kind of pre transfer window agreement was signed would that enable a player to come over, get settled and train with us ?

Presumably once the season is finished over there, he'll be on holiday, and can holiday wherever he damn well likes, and nothing FIFA or UEFA can do to stop him.
And if his choice of holiday destination happens to be Brighton, I can' see any way they could intervene with that either. If the club then offer him the use of their training facilities, as a friendly gesture to keep up his fitness levels while he's on holiday, that seems pretty water-tight too.

Of course, the bigger question is, will either (or both) of them actually sign for us?

SweatyMexican

Mar 31, 2013
Presumably once the season is finished over there, he'll be on holiday, and can holiday wherever he damn well likes, and nothing FIFA or UEFA can do to stop him.
And if his choice of holiday destination happens to be Brighton, I can' see any way they could intervene with that either. If the club then offer him the use of their training facilities, as a friendly gesture to keep up his fitness levels while he's on holiday, that seems pretty water-tight too.

Of course, the bigger question is, will either (or both) of them actually sign for us?

This is what I can't understand. I'm forever optimistic, but at the back of my mind I just can't see Brighton beating other top flight clubs to their signatures.

But if we're sending Barber and Co out to Argentina, we must have SOME chance, at least.

gjh1971

May 7, 2007
This Hector guy has just posted a screen shot from Argentine TV
fd725380d7769b65771a3a977abcad0a.jpg

Tarpon

Sep 12, 2013
BN1
Can't help but feel we're part of someone elses game here...but exciting times nonetheless

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here