Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Joke...

grubbyhands

Dec 8, 2011
Godalming
That made me laugh!

As did this: A woman I know took a load of stuff to sell at the local car-boot sale. All the takings have gone into her bill for breat-enlargement. So it really was a case of "tit for tat".
breat?

cunning fergus

Jan 18, 2009
The tax-dodging shareholders of Vodafone, Tesco, HSBC ... ?

Most of the shareholders of those companies are Pension Funds, typically private pension funds for individuals saving for their retirement. How are they tax dodging?

You may recall that Pension Funds used to receive their dividends tax free prior to 1997, a sound incentive for responsible retirement planning. Unfortunately, that relief was removed by Gordon Brown, which aside from plundering more wealth from hard working people.

In fact this caused a number of unintended consequences:

http://www.theguardian.com/business/2002/jul/22/money.politics

The view from Ernst and Young in 2002...................

"The housing boom is offsetting the depression in the equity market, minimising the damage to personal wealth and consumer confidence," Mr Spencer says, insisting that with interest rates at a 38-year low, consumers themselves must be responsible for keeping their borrowing under control. "The temptation to over-borrow is there and we have to rely upon individual financial responsibility to prevail,"

http://www.theguardian.com/politics/2011/sep/26/ed-balls-sorry-labour-failures

So, not only did Brown and Labour fail to regulate the banks borrowing (which Balls apologised for) and control lending they did the opposite and stoked the housing boom by disncetivising pensions and encouraging hundreds of thousands of people to fund their retirement by buying houses for renting so they could sell them to pay for their retirement.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/personalfinance/7446384/Bring-back-the-dividend-credit.html

Notwithstanding, the above the question is where did the billions plus rasied from this tax go......................tax dodging shareholders my arse.

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
That's pretty much everyone saving for a personal private pension, which is the majority of wage earners in the country! So only public sector workers (and the few left in the private sector) with their gold plated final salary pensions who are not dependant. Hang on a minute....

Precisely.

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
But it also pays my Mum's Old Age Pension. Are you saying he's right to deprive an old lady (who'd paid her taxes and NI contributions all her life) of her financial support?
Sorree...didn't see him say anything about OAPs...

well did he ?

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Thank goodness for that , im sure it would have ruined his day if you had been.

I like to try and take account of people's feelings........

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
No. So his money goes to pay OAPs, he pays his tax, my mum gets her pension and everyone's a winner.
Also pays for my pension...it seems he is not complaining about that, just the leeches on society, the people who do not want to work who are not paying towards your Mums pension.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here