Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Humour] 'Joke' Scratchcards

Geestar

Nov 6, 2012
Shoreham Beach
Given many...most work it out right away. Had one mate thought he had would big for about an hour, even time for him to get a round in.

Just funny stuff, chill out!

Sent from my TA-1020 using Tapatalk

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
I got given some years ago but I have never had the heart to prank anyone I know. Probably leaving it somewhere for a stranger to find is ok but targetting someone in front of others for a reaction is a little cruel. That said if you tell them it's a joke before it registers it's not so bad so it depends on if it drags out for the rest of the evening.

We don't know what this chap's reaction was. Did he storm out and fall out with his family or find it funny?

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Unless they have a bizarre family tradition of always having a scratchcard with their xmas meal, you would have to be pretty naive to not realise IMMEDIATELY that its a joke.

"Hey guys, i thought id do scratchcards this year. Oh my god! You won!!!"

Yeah, alright.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
In general does seem a shitty thing to do but guess it depends on the people involved and if they have a history of pranks/winding each other up. If it is just a nice bloke that minds his own business and they did it that seems harsh. If he is a prankster and always doing wind ups on others then fair game!

This. As warped as I am (according to his lordship Sir A Mizerables) there's nothing like a good prank but it is only good if you know the person on the receiving end will take it in good spirit!

As for the reference to the couple that allegedly got divorced, does anyone really believe someone would divorce another just because of one prank and not because there is already an underlying problem in their relationship.

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
This. As warped as I am (according to his lordship Sir A Mizerables) there's nothing like a good prank but it is only good if you know the person on the receiving end will take it in good spirit!

As for the reference to the couple that allegedly got divorced, does anyone really believe someone would divorce another just because of one prank and not because there is already an underlying problem in their relationship.

the bloke who they did it to was crying at one point because he thought be would be paying his mortgage off , they kindly put it all on facebook , hes still gutted .

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
We mocked up a fake letter for a mate to go to the Warren Brown unit at Southlands years ago informing him that someone he had had a sexual relationship had contracted a well known STD and although everything was of course kept confidential it was advisable that he made an appointment with the clinic as soon as possible.
He tried to make an appointment from the ref on the letter but of course they had no record of it. He only told one person but it soon got back to us all. We couldn’t let on we knew but why did he contact them. Backfired really because we spent ages wondering who it was he’d been knobbing.

P.s. he was married btw.

The scratch card story is a fine though I reckon if played on the right person.

Last edited:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
The family of a bloke i know played a trick on him christmas day , each table place had a scratchcard , except his was a 'joke' one that convinced him he had wone £100k , until his family let him in on the 'joke' , i cant believe tbey did it to him , its just plain nasty in my book , what does everyone else think ?

Agree. Nasty.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
the bloke who they did it to was crying at one point because he thought be would be paying his mortgage off , they kindly put it all on facebook , hes still gutted .

That's disgusting.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
A mate that used to clean at county hall , once stole some headed paper and posted a letter to me (he lived with me at the time) saying I hadn't paid a bunch of parking fines and they were gonna crush my car, I freaked out for about a minute before he told me he'd done it, he could've kept it going a lot longer..
I should've realised though as it was signed -

Yours sincerely Richard Head.

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
A mate that used to clean at county hall , once stole some headed paper and posted a letter to me (he lived with me at the time) saying I hadn't paid a bunch of parking fines and they were gonna crush my car, I freaked out for about a minute before he told me he'd done it, he could've kept it going a lot longer..

My wife used to know someone called Richard Head!

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015

now mate , thats funny , everyone has done windups on mates, i was once a very keen junior on an fx desk in the city , i volunteered to go and get the desk heads "prescription" the young bird in boots opened it and started giggling , it read "hello , ive got a very small cock could i have some condoms please " :lolol:

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
The family of a bloke i know played a trick on him christmas day , each table place had a scratchcard , except his was a 'joke' one that convinced him he had wone £100k , until his family let him in on the 'joke' , i cant believe tbey did it to him , its just plain nasty in my book , what does everyone else think ?

Not funny, not funny at all unless spiteful humour is your thing. I wouldn't do that to a stranger let alone family.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here