Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Humour] Joke du jour

smillie's garden

Am I evil?
Aug 11, 2003
Despite operating in a small and unfashionable intelligence community, many in the know consider O’Reilly to be an excellent spy. Yes, he is raw, and has a tendency to be down the pub, but he definitely has the potential to make the leap to one of the big boys. MI6, SVR, and CIA, among others, are understood to be keeping tabs.

Seagull's Return

Nov 7, 2003
Brighton
I still don’t understand, though: how could one be expected to know that birds, especially relatively small ones such as swifts, are flying high? It’s in precisely these circumstances that they become hard to see. And - night? That seems unrealistic to me, unless the speaker had access to reasonably sophisticated night-vision and/or GPS tracking apparatus of some kind, which would naturally incur the suspicions of one’s neighbours in a small village; one would need a suitable cover story for such ownership.

Surely a better coded approach would be “Speaking as an unusually well-equipped ornithologist with a professional focus on the migratory habits of birds of Europe and the western Palearctic, some birds (probably Apodidae) are maintaining a mid- to low altitude between sunrise and sunset, largely visible to the naked eye. I notice you appear to be from the West Midlands, do you perhaps know Noddy Holder?”

The original is amateurish at best, and frankly I’m not convinced.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Despite operating in a small and unfashionable intelligence community, many in the know consider O’Reilly to be an excellent spy. Yes, he is raw, and has a tendency to be down the pub, but he definitely has the potential to make the leap to one of the big boys. MI6, SVR, and CIA, among others, are understood to be keeping tabs.
Are Chelsea interested?

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
Are Chelsea interested?
Indeed. I really think our recruitment team ought to now just for giggles leak duff information to Chelsea suggesting that we are about to go large on a prospect. " Todd mate we need splash the cash quickly as word on the grapevine is that Brighton are about to go large on some bloke called Farrington from Feyenoord who's mustard " :)

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Are cougars the same as pumas ?
If so then that would confuse a spy.
Maybe it’s all cryptic and puma means cat.
Cat rhymes with hat and Ted Roger’s once wore a hat. You can work the rest out yourselves.

Mr Bridger

Sound of the suburbs
Feb 25, 2013
Earth
….

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here