Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Humour] Joke du jour

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Can’t believe the teacher fell for that, is she newly qualified?

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
I haven't purchased a TV Licence and I'm watching the football live on BBC
I haven't purchased any insurance for my car and I'm driving to my mates house
And many other examples.

No doubt the teacher is hoping for no action against them for not thinking fully about the question.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
If the teacher has referred to the pupil as "Little Johnny", there may be a sizeism breach of the Equality Act 2010 which says that education providers such as schools, colleges and universities mustn’t discriminate against their pupils and students.

A discrimination claim can be made in court within 6 months of when the alleged act of discrimination happened.

In light of this and with the threat of disciplinary action being taken against the teacher concerned, the matter of whether Johnny has completed a particular piece of homework seems immaterial at best.

marcos3263

Oct 29, 2009
Fishersgate and Proud
I think little Johnny is a ****.

Almost all problems in the classroom can be attributed to him and his high jinx. I hear his name time and time again.

He is a disruption to the other children and should possible be excluded.

South Stand Bonfire

Who lit that match then?
NSC Patron
Jan 24, 2009
Shoreham-a-la-mer
I doubt the accuracy of this account. I have it on good authority that teachers are now addressed as “Teacher …” rather than Miss,Mr, Mrs, Sir etc, so I smell a rat.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
I haven't purchased a TV Licence and I'm watching the football live on BBC
I haven't purchased any insurance for my car and I'm driving to my mates house
And many other examples.

No doubt the teacher is hoping for no action against them for not thinking fully about the question.
Not quite the same, you are watching a broadcast without a licence and you are driving a car without insurance.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
This Johnny is responsible for almost every naughty schoolboy joke I’ve ever heard. He is quite a character

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
If the teacher has referred to the pupil as "Little Johnny", there may be a sizeism breach of the Equality Act 2010 which says that education providers such as schools, colleges and universities mustn’t discriminate against their pupils and students.

A discrimination claim can be made in court within 6 months of when the alleged act of discrimination happened.

In light of this and with the threat of disciplinary action being taken against the teacher concerned, the matter of whether Johnny has completed a particular piece of homework seems immaterial at best.
And how does he know he's a little Johnny? Is he the P.E. teacher? Don't remember doing homework for P.E.

ExmouthExile

Feb 11, 2005
Obviously there’s more to this story as the teacher is being misled into thinking that Little Johnny has been accused of something he hasn’t done and this is clearly not the case. I’d be very interested to hear the conclusion of this tale.

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022

Last edited:

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
I hope the cheeky little git got at least a detention.
Detention....

At my grammar school, Detention was Saturday morning in your school uniform between 9am and 11am !
They stopped it in 1987 I think, I left in the summer of 1985 and hold the record for most continuous detentions.
27, proud of that.

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022

Last edited:

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
I went on a date last night
I said, "Are you a vampire?
"No," She said, with a puzzled look on her face.
I said, "So you can see your reflection and you still come out looking like that?"

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
I went on a date last night
I said, "Are you a vampire?
"No," She said, with a puzzled look on her face.
I said, "So you can see your reflection and you still come out looking like that?"
You seem such a polite chap on here, I am very disappointed to read that you were so rude to this lady. I think you should reconsider how you speak to people, I find this very unkind behaviour.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here