Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Joke du jour...

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Surely the test results would have been back and acted upon well before the operation? Something doesn't add up with this story. I suspect it was lifted from the right wing press and is simply a tall tale intended to make a mockery of the NHS. Shame on the OP.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
Perhaps the student nurse was of foreign extraction, not uncommon in our health system with a poor understanding of English which contributed to her mishearing the patient leading to the inappropriate actions.

This a damning indictment of our immigration system and vetting procedures of hospital staff. The Daily Mail should be informed asap.

#Brexit

crasher

Jul 8, 2003
Sussex
If she was a student nurse, as stated, should she even be allowed to carry out sponge baths unsupervised? Wouldn't a more experienced and highly-qualified colleague be expected to be in the vicinity at least. And, if so, is it likely they would both have misinterpreted what the patient was saying?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Perhaps the student nurse was of foreign extraction, not uncommon in our health system with a poor understanding of English which contributed to her mishearing the patient leading to the inappropriate actions.

This a damning indictment of our immigration system and vetting procedures of hospital staff. The Daily Mail should be informed asap.

#Brexit

Trouble is, part of me thinks you're serious :wink:

Reminds me of a time I spent in hospital when I was 19 . . . . . a very fetching young nurse had the unenviable task of changing the dressing on my left testicle after a minor (but very painful) operation for a hydrocele. I think both of us equally were thinking 'Not an erection now, please God'. She was Irish and possibly a Catholic, so her prayers probably carried more weight. To bring it all back on topic (for NSC), the words I used as a mantra to focus on all things unpleasant, and poles opposite of thoughs associated with the sensation of her slightly tremulous, cool slender fingers as they gently displaced my wee willy winky to the right were 'Crystal Palace'.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
Trouble is, part of me thinks you're serious :wink:

Reminds me of a time I spent in hospital when I was 19 . . . . . a very fetching young nurse had the unenviable task of changing the dressing on my left testicle after a minor (but very painful) operation for a hydrocele. I think both of us equally were thinking 'Not an erection now, please God'. She was Irish and possibly a Catholic, so her prayers probably carried more weight. To bring it all back on topic (for NSC), the words I used as a mantra to focus on all things unpleasant, and poles opposite of thoughs associated with the sensation of her slightly tremulous, cool slender fingers as they gently displaced my wee willy winky to the right were 'Crystal Palace'.

Do you go under the pen name E L James by any chance ... ?!

driller

my life my word
Oct 14, 2006
The posh bit
He would not be having a bed bath just 4 hours after an operation.
Shirley it would be better to be clean before the op to help the prevention of wound infection.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Do you go under the pen name E L James by any chance ... ?!

Sid James, more like :lolol:

I would have said 'carry on, nurse' but I had temporarily lost the power of speach :mad:

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Have the NHS really become as bad as the BBC ? This has been hushed up hasn't it ?

Jack Straw

I look nothing like him!
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton. NOT KEMPTOWN!
Was this Stoke Mandeville Hospital and did the "nurse" have long blonde hair and stink of cigar smoke?

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
No doubt the patient has got hold of some sort of no-win-no-fee solicitor and the NHS will be end up paying out MY tax contributions on some sort of out of court settlement! Clearly the oxygen mask should have been removed before any meaningful communication was engaged in (as well as letting the anaesthetic wear off). This 'claim' culture we have really really pisses me off! The bloke will end up with £250k and a free toss.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here