Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Join the Eurovision Party with your host Uncle Spielberg.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Ours is bloody hideously dated, but I haven't heard any of the others for comparative purposes.

It's usually a good laugh though, means I can top up my points balance too.

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
That reminds me of Mambo #5

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
Germany ALWAYS give Poland 12 points. A bit late to apologise for invading them in 1939 I think.

They also give quite a few points to Turkey...might have something to do with having a large Turkish population there.

Also, Cyprus usually give 12 points to Greece...and, the Scandinavians always vote for each other...I reckon Iceland might do well this year, a sort of sympathy vote because of the volcano!

Something else that has been bugging me for years, how the hell are Israel in Europe...didn't the organisers do geography at school?

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
A GAY version of Bucks Fizz type dance (2:10 in)

[yt]bvDBiqRbVa0[/yt]

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
There has been a huge backlash against Pete Waterman and its fair to say he hasn't taken it too well.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
The 2008 entrance was dire as well but at least Andy Abraham is a good singer. I think the lad this year is hopelessly out of his depth as will be shown in a couple of hours. I feel a bit sorry for him burdened with that travesty of a song.

Last edited:

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Last years was dire as well but at least Andy Abraham is a good singer. I think the lad this year is hopelessly out of his depth as will be shown in a couple of hours. I feel a bit sorry for him burdened with last travesty of a song.

Jade Ewen was last year weren't she? She was our best entry for years imo. Still should have chose an upbeat song though.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Jade Ewen was last year weren't she? She was our best entry for years imo. Still should have chose an upbeat song though.

Sorry I meant 2008.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
They also give quite a few points to Turkey...might have something to do with having a large Turkish population there.

Also, Cyprus usually give 12 points to Greece...and, the Scandinavians always vote for each other...I reckon Iceland might do well this year, a sort of sympathy vote because of the volcano!

Something else that has been bugging me for years, how the hell are Israel in Europe...didn't the organisers do geography at school?

Israel were denied entry to the Arabiavision song contest, for obvious reasons.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Sorry I meant 2008.

Yeah I think last years wasn't bad but we always chose boring, uncharismatic and basically shit acts and then give them an even shitter song with shite lyrics and shite tempo, you get my drift. I actually have nothing against the lad Josh but I think he is completely out of his depth.

I shall be voting Germany tonight, unless I've missed someone who is better.:thumbsup:

Conkers

Jan 11, 2006
Haywards Heath
The money is going on the Germans and Turkish now.

Conkers

Jan 11, 2006
Haywards Heath
Armenia (Finish Top 4): £5.37 @ 2.62
Germany (Finish Top 4): £4.16 @ 1.92
Armenia (Win): £5 @ 12.00
Denmark (Finish Top 10): £3 @ 1.67

I honestly think Armenia will go out and shock a few people tonight.
The Azerbaijan song just won't win. I said it during the Semi final on Thursday and I stand by it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here